FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

When I was having difficulty registering my account...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

There was no easily found "contact us" button - or did I miss it?
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

Its one of the elements being overhauled currently so its not up yet. It will be at some point soon for any future problems members have if they can't PM a staff member for any reason.

We're back.... For good!
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

Thank you G, so it wasn't me having a blonde moment Smile
Luppi

1627 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

Well the module is completed and has been completed for a week now, I have re-vamped it myself, but it cannot go live yet because there are still some coding errors to sort out on the module page itself. We are working as fast as we can to implement anti-spam security measures this coming week and then we will proceed with getting back chunks of the site in the order of priority.

It is good to know though that the Contact Us module will not include a simple form which you can send your e-mail or suggestions to. Since time immemorial this site was based on collaboration between members and not anonymous e-mails, so basically what it is is a list of the names of the staff members along with some guidelines of who to contact, when and why, meaning that the PM will still be the only method of "contact us" around the site.

Even more so, we cannot implement any serious upgrades that were proposed such as a "report topic/post" feature or a general contact form because the framework of the forum needs a serious update which would imply several hours of continuous work and maybe downtime. But rest assured we are looking into every possibility of making Mafia Scene a more easily accessible website that will respond to all your needs Wink
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

I would also like to add we have a facebook page also where members can message it. I've sorted many members accounts from there. Can i just add we need something other than just PM's as if they don't have FB how are they supposed to contact one of us if an account won't register or they lock themselves out. Anyways will make a point in our staff area if need be.

We're back.... For good!
Luppi

1627 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

Howdy boys,

Just as a small update, I have managed to sort out the errors in the Contact form and finish revamping it, so if you look in the site menu on the front page, to the left, the last thing in the menu is Contact Us.

Now, by popular demand, apart from the usual staff list and PM i have implemented a form, along with Chris, which contains the e-mails of all the staff members. Every staff member will be responsible for a small portion of the site, you will get a list later this week with what each staffie does and it will also show on that page, so if you have something to complain about without being logged in or having a Facebook page, just use the contact form to e-mail the staff member that can help you, depending on what the problem is.

Please post some feedback so i know we're good.

Cheers.
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: When I was having difficulty registering my account... Reply with quote

MurderInc wrote:
There was no easily found "contact us" button - or did I miss it?

Quite right, I'm considering adding a "Contact" item to the red nav bar as this is quite important.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: