FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

'Detective', a proof-of-concept
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Something else I recently finished while my main PC was being upgraded for 'The Hit' was a little proof-of-concept mod based on a very early project I began ten years ago called the 'Private Eye Mod'.
Back then I had very little experience modding Mafia and almost no scripting ability, so I thought it might be fun to revisit a similar concept and create a short sample mission, which I feel is now polished enough to be suitable for release.

Nothing special or very long, just something thrown together over a few bored weeks Smile

The official Mafioso Mod thread
mammix

6651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Weird, I am working (in my head so far) about the same concept... Very happy
But I won't make it in years, got to finish Paulie's Stories first.
Can't wait to play your mod! Hopefully I'll do it over the weekend and I'll tell you the feed-back. Smile
mammix

6651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

OK, I finally found the time. Few things:
-the matches and key are too small, I was just looking for the "!" instead of them. Maybe change it to something bigger?
-Especially that the guy was veery slow and it took forever - it takes even longer if you go the wrong way... It was cool what you did there, but maybe allow him to run. Or change his speed attribute, so he walks faster.
-The box is a tricky thing and, I think, it may not work, as I had problem to pick it up and it would fall Very happy I don't know if you tested it enough, just pointing it out.
-Maybe add some other music? More detective-y.

Apart from that, it was really, really cool. As I say, I have similar ideas, so I hope mine will be cool too if I make them eventually Very happy
How do you make these animations so spotless? It's like a movie! I am always not sure which animation is which, or how it exactly looks, so for me it always takes ages to set them up, as I preety much have to try them on and on and on, and restart, and restart. Eventually I give up and choose something that mostly fits. How do you do it so well?!
Also, how do you manage to put the ciggaretes, notepads etc. into hands? Very happy I only managed to give a bottle to a drunk once and when I do other things with the same method, it never works... Sad That's why in my mod people just do animations, without holding things.
Really cool interiors! I wish I could do like that...

Overall - really great, I would play more of that. Good luck with the work Smile
Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

That's great, but... I've started writing my own scenery about two Detectives, and see this)
AsaSK

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

mammix wrote:
OK, I finally found the time. Few things:
-the matches and key are too small, I was just looking for the "!" instead of them. Maybe change it to something bigger?
-Especially that the guy was veery slow and it took forever - it takes even longer if you go the wrong way... It was cool what you did there, but maybe allow him to run. Or change his speed attribute, so he walks faster.
-The box is a tricky thing and, I think, it may not work, as I had problem to pick it up and it would fall Very happy I don't know if you tested it enough, just pointing it out.
-Maybe add some other music? More detective-y.

Apart from that, it was really, really cool. As I say, I have similar ideas, so I hope mine will be cool too if I make them eventually Very happy
How do you make these animations so spotless? It's like a movie! I am always not sure which animation is which, or how it exactly looks, so for me it always takes ages to set them up, as I preety much have to try them on and on and on, and restart, and restart. Eventually I give up and choose something that mostly fits. How do you do it so well?!
Also, how do you manage to put the ciggaretes, notepads etc. into hands? Very happy I only managed to give a bottle to a drunk once and when I do other things with the same method, it never works... Sad That's why in my mod people just do animations, without holding things.
Really cool interiors! I wish I could do like that...

Overall - really great, I would play more of that. Good luck with the work Smile

Thanks for playing, Mammix! I'll look into those things, strange about the box Thinking
The animations I'm just familiar with from using them for so many years and perfecting the timing to the millisecond, I'm a bit too obsessive Sticking out tongue
Strange that you can't get linktohand to work, drop me a PM.. and thanks! It's very, very basic modeling skills and the only ones I possess Laughing

Smelson wrote:
That's great, but... I've started writing my own scenery about two Detectives, and see this)

Yours will be better Wink

Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Yours will be better Wink

Thanks Very happy
Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Hello, AsaSK! Do you create models for mod in Zmodeler or 3ds max?
AsaSK

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

3DS Max Wink

Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
3DS Max Wink

Great!)
Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

AsaSK, can I do translate on Russian for detective?
AsaSK

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Of course, would you like me to translate the thumb image?

Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

Yea, that's will be good, if it not hard.
AsaSK

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Smelson wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

Yea, that's will be good, if it not hard.

Нет проблем Wink

Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

Нет проблем Wink

Спасибо
Smelson

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: 'Detective', a proof-of-concept Reply with quote

Well, I did that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QaaOS5sKVeZFFLdwL2GRt8K-BCMIwaVf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: