FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Mafioso Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesCM19

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

That sucks, sorry to hear about your troubles. Come back whenever you feel ready.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Asa, I am pretty sure you will recover from this. I've known a few people who had serious problems. It took them quite some time, but in the end they slowly recovered. I am convinced that since you admit your problems and are willingful to make them disappear, the same will happen to you. No matter how long it takes, but slowly and steadily I'm sure you'll get through this.

Speaking of the mod, we're all eager to lay our hands on it once it's finished, but it's of low priority compared to your health. I think everyone here agrees and supports you. So get well, mate! Everything's gonna be fine! Thumbs up (left)
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

I'm so grateful for everyone's support, it means a huge amount. I'm now on Lithium as an augmentative treatment, so hopefully this will be a permanent solution.

As a result of feeling better I have begun to dip my toes in the modding waters again, and soon I hope to continue the Mafioso Mod, returning to a problem that stumped me before but hopefully should be solvable now I'm returning to it with a clear head.

Many thanks again.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Update: Mission 1

Having gone back and added the (almost) finishing touches to mission 1 I thought I would share it with people. This has been a lot of work but, in the words of Tommy: "In the end it was worth it" Wink

Many thanks especially to Darren, Mr Robville, Djbozkosz, ASM and Michal Šafařík for their help when I had modding problems, and everyone else for their patience and support.

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

I'm very intrigued! Thumbs up (left) You've made a great atmosphere, Asa, and boy do I love the voice acting! It's awesome! Applause
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

That was very well put together Asa Applause The voice acting was
good and I appreciate the work you have put into this mod
so far. Remember that there is no need to feel rushed to do
this; take your time and I am sure that when it is ready people
will look forward to trying The Mafioso Mod out.

Thumbs up (left)

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Sweet mother and Holy God! The atmosphere, voice acting, everything is amazing!

AsaSK is back in action, there's no doubt. Keep up the good work!

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Thanks guys, the feedback is hugely appreciated and the praise is just a bonus Wink
I was actually quite apprehensive about doing the voice acting, I tried several kinds of Text-To-Speech but they just weren't suitable, so I did it myself and manipulated the voice.. Only a certain number of voices I can do myself though!

Most of the time spent on this mission (obviously I stopped for a year and came back to it recently) was just putting in the buildings. Along with scripting the cutscenes, the buildings and their corresponding details took the longest.

Haha thanks Mnich, my biggest fan as always Embarassed

Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Nice modification I must say You wrote that voices are yours. How did you manipulated them? What kind of software did you used?
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Thanks Smile To manipulate the voices I used Audacity and Ableton Live 9.

Creative process: Another thing I like to do if I'm running low on inspiration is delve into the maps folder and pick out some textures I'd like to create a scene with - that way I can almost visualise it in my head before any of the actual modelling has been done.

Sharpshooter4839

560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

I loved the voice acting, but the intro was odd:

His first words were kinda short and didn't describe much of the character himself, except that he is poor. So I'd mabye add a little more backstory, to let the player understand this guys situation better and give them much more of a reason to like the guy, but otherwise...

Applause !!IT WAS GREAT!!

Keep up the good work! Very happy

"Nice chap, no General."

~ Field Marshal Lord Bernard Montgomery on his first impressions of General Eisenhower.
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Thanks Sharpshooter, the feedback is appreciated Wink

You are right, of course, and the situation with the intro is that I am going to have further narration play as the player walks through the streets - using the narrative to explain the situation further.

The reason this wasn't in the video is that I am yet to decide how the script will choose when to play that narration; it could either be done with a 'wait XXXX' command or a range detector, but rest assured it will be in the final version.

gangster123

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

how is it going with the mod? it looks freaking interesting, i would love to play this mod!!! great work buddie!!
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

A little slow progress.. I am currently working on a scene that will see you travel through an apartment building up to the rooftops. The scene has been pretty slow in the making, largely because certain parts of it are only just within my modeling capabilities (many thanks to Mr Robville for his continuing and invaluable advice) - I've already had to scrap the fire escape piece and start it again, but I feel now we're making some progress. Below is a screen of that particular section.

EDIT: What happens when modding goes wrong Laughing

gangster123

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

wow, looks nice ! Applause
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: