FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Mafioso Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile

Creative process: If unsure how to detail a mission environment, I like to lay all possible decorative objects out of the ground so I can see what I've got to play with Wink

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Don_Pedro

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

[B]Looks good. When are you going to release this masterpiece?
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Really amazing work.... can't wait to play that Very happy Applause
trueog

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Hiya guys, is this mod still alive? It looks soooo promising, and Mafia 1 still has so much potential... Hope you didn't abandon it, that would be a shame Sad
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Hi Treog, thanks for the interest.

Rest assured the mod is still very much alive, I'm currently waiting for a 64-bit version of Windows 7 to arrive on my doorstep and then work will continue Wink

At the moment I'm working on the cutscenes for the first mission so I can release a demo in the coming months.

MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Thanks guys Smile

Creative process: If unsure how to detail a mission environment, I like to lay all possible decorative objects out of the ground so I can see what I've got to play with Wink

meticulous as ever brother.....when I am slopping things around here and there, I think about your meticulous nature and think I should do that

but then I get over it Laughing
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
AsaSK wrote:
Thanks guys Smile

[PIC]

meticulous as ever brother.....when I am slopping things around here and there, I think about your meticulous nature and think I should do that

but then I get over it Laughing

It's not so much meticulous as drawing a complete blank and not knowing how to decorate a terrifying empty space - blank page syndrome Laughing

MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

It's not so much meticulous as drawing a complete blank and not knowing how to decorate a terrifying empty space - blank page syndrome Laughing

I generally tend to a few rules rules I learned somewhere back in the day that leads to an ordered randomness

using a odd number of items in a space or a corner makes it feel less arranged and more natural

Avoid symmetry except in those specific cases when you WANT symmetry (like tombstones in a grave yard)

Vary your shapes...instead of three square things, or three round things, mix them up

And of course vary your sizes

Now I wish I could say I put that much thought into things when I am slopping things around....but its a consideration

Its a lot like painting actually....you start with a blank canvas.....you have a basic idea of what you want, and then you can start slopping on paint....big things first details second. And of course this canvas is completely changable
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

While I've been a bit stuck with TMM recently, I've also been part of the testing team for Lost Heaven Multiplayer.
We recently went online to take some promotional screens, and had some good laughs doing it.

Here's a peek at what to expect upon release..

Last edited by AsaSK on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

If anyone is wondering, Cukier fell off the roof on the third picture, but he's all right.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Lorenzitto

583 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Hi,
no more updates about TMM? Smile
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Hello all,

As some of you will know, I haven't touched The Mafioso Mod for over a year now. We all know that this is a hobby and an enjoyable pastime that we indulge in whenever we can, and all projects that take a long time to complete will suffer setbacks and inevitably have to be put on the back burner every once in a while; many of the Mafia modders who grew up in this scene can testify to this.

Briefly summarised and without being melodramatic, I have been struggling with mental illness for just over two years now, in the form of Treatment-Resistant Depression. For most of that time I've managed to keep up a good façade socially, both online and in person, but recently I have begun to find this very difficult after more than twenty six months of dragging myself through day after day of failed drugs and ineffectual treatments.

The word 'depression' is thrown around a lot, but in fact only 4% of the Earth suffer from the condition, and of those just 1.7% are estimated to be severely non-responsive to treatment.
Those who do suffer from TRD (approximately 12 million worldwide) are generally not the people one sees on the internet shouting about how depressed they are; more often than not they are too ashamed to speak out about it - nobody wants to hang around with a mentally ill person.
From a personal standpoint I'm actually okay with that - I'd much rather people didn't know, so that when I recovered I could carry on as if nothing had happened instead of being treated differently because everyone knew I once had this illness.

Because of the nature of TRD, often both endogenous and reactive, it can be very difficult to treat. Psychological therapies are out of the question and the majority of medication prescribed for Depression just isn't up to the task, as 12 million people spread over a 7-billion-person population makes the condition comparatively rare.
Next week I hope to start on heavier medication but unfortunately things are taking a long time to get anywhere - what very few people know about the UK is that the state of our mental health sector is abysmal. There is very little money and this means that very little research can be pioneered into new drugs, that more powerful (and by definition expensive) drugs for people who suffer more than the average 'low mood' are difficult to get, and that psychological therapies are handed out like candy because of how cheap they are. (This latter point makes me wonder if a doctor would ever ask someone to 'think happy thoughts' to heal their broken leg - in my mind the same principle applies).

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I thought it best to let people know that I haven't given up on this project - I hope to be able to return to it before the end of the year if all goes to plan and I make a good recovery.

Many thanks for everyone's interest, patience, and continued support.

AsaSK

Last edited by AsaSK on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 am; edited 5 times in total
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276192 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Asa, I admire your bravery and honesty; takes a mature man to admit
his problems. I can emphasize completely as you well know I too suffer
from mental illness in the form of BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
I too have bouts of depression and mood swings. However enough of
my problems. Wink

It's good to see you back, and however long it takes for you too get
through this and complete the Mafioso Mod (or not); take all the time you need
no one is going to rush you. Salute

R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

I just agree with mr. Muggy. Hope you will recover your mind soon and I wish you the best of luck doing it my friend. Smile
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK, my friend. I just want to let you know that many of us here will support you no matter what. Mod can wait. I wish you all the best in your battle.

If you ever need someone to talk to about anything, just give us a sign.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: