FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Mafioso Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

RubyDragon949 wrote:
Impressive lighting (if not a little bright in my opinion though)

Yeah, it is hard to balance out. I have 8 lights that, combined, have to equal 11.5 or the house will become too dark, so the 8 have to have a brightness of approximately 1.44 each. Any less and other areas of the house are far too dark. You get used to it though and it isn't really that bright once you look around the place Wink

RubyDragon949 wrote:
That guy on the piano actually gives me the creeps Very happy The way his head is turned to look at Tony makes me think he is some kind of peado? Thinking

Haha, unlikely given that he's your grandpa! He's just showing off to the rest of the room Smirking

The official Mafioso Mod thread
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

All I could think of was that somewhere, there was a smell of a wonderful meal flowing through the house, and the steam rising off the dish in the kitchen was my payoff.
The room to room transition is great...differing flooring and the hall way with the wainscotting and inset doorways a very nice touch. Very 3 dimensional

All over the house the placement of things looks very natural and yet I know the painstaking effort you took. Like the smoking stogie in the ash tray and the vents on the wall of the kitchen....excellent...overlooked my almost everyone but the atomosphere it adds...rich.

I also wonder about the woman at the window, detached....everyone else seems engaged

Well done
AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

That means so much coming from you, I'm very glad to have delivered. Thank you.

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1256 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Impressive work. Smile Doesn't look too bright to me. The brightness only makes the house look really warm and cozy.

Nicely done!
AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Y'all making me blush, thankyou linukkis! Smile

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

All screenshots are fantastic. You created a great family atmosphere. I especially like the screen in the kitchen, it's so realistic Wink Good work Asa.
AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

* Update *

For four out of the mod's 20-ish missions, Tony will have flown over to Lost Heaven to spend some time there sorting out a problem for the Peppone family, one of Don Capone's ways of keeping ties strong with fellow 'business associates' and protecting his interests.

Making this mission was a real battle, taking almost a month non-stop work to complete. Re-lighting an existing mission is a lot harder than lighting a custom made one, as well as reconstructing the restaurant, annulling any cache.bin flickering problems, remaking lightmaps and redoing all the cols from scratch. As a result there are still a few glitches of various nature to be found in this mission. All in all though, I am convinced the time and effort was worth it.

This video sees Tony, fresh from the airport, driving to Pepe's to meet his good friend Luca, who tells him to see a man about a rat.

EDIT: The car (Al Capone's Bulletproof Cadillac) is a work of art created by Neutral, so he should take all credit for that.
Thanks also goes to Mr Robville, who helped me with some model axis orientation issues later in the creation process and his general advice, as per usual, was invaluable.
Lastly to Matteo, whose brilliant 'Bored Modders' video "Miss communication" gave me the idea to turn Pepe's into a nighttime location in the first place.

Last edited by AsaSK on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Beautiful work my friend, I tried opening a room up off of the stairway and there was some sort of vision block......no occluder but something got in the way, but I see you fixed that. The transition is seamless, the light and textures, from what was in the mission to what you added is perfect

and I love the lighting effects as usual...you are a master at that
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Great video AsaSK! I also love Neutral's Cadillac. Good job.
AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

So as we are all in the middle of busy periods coming up to summer, it is easy to forget that we do have that stretching out in front of us.
This will be a time for relaxation, family, and of course, modding Wink

With that in mind, here's a little something to refresh the forums for a couple of days. Taken from the opening scene of The Mafioso Mod, set in the Black Cat bar in Little Italy.

Enjoy and remember, summer's just around the corner guys!

MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Nice....the empty glass and the smoking butt in the tray....I am a little worried about the guy behind the main character....what is he doing???

But that's a good idea, I have lots of previous stuff that I haven't posted here, just to keep the site rocking
AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the praise Matteo Smile that is a good idea, we should both post bits and bobs (English expression) every so often.

And yeah the guy behind Antonio is in the middle of a nodding animation, not a heart attack Laughing

AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Post-development screen shown in MWEv3.

AsaSK

8796 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Lightmapped and shadowmapped, but a work in progress nonetheless.

Side note: Building an interior inside an already existing model is a pain in the backside.

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Hey Asa, when are you going to release a demo of this masterpiece? Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: