FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
priatnia2

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

The ship probably reflected all the style of the era, even if it didn't have some things. Guess it was a floating Art Deko museum. And this the mod seems to preserve !
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

*Small update*

This is a little mock-up test I did for the ship's sinking mechanic that I am currently working on for Rob, a work in progress as always Smile

The official Mafioso Mod thread

Last edited by AsaSK on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
*Small update*

This is a little mock-up test I did for the ship's sinking mechanic I am currently working on for Rob, a work in progress as always Smile

all that's needed now is an iceberg and 2223 passengers.
Goal to rescue 1517 of them from perishing in the icy
briny.

priatnia2

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

The ship is going to sink in the mod ? That will be something !
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

If AsaSk is working with Mr Robville, then the final effect will be even better. Applause

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

I think this is the first time someone else besides me has posted an update about this mod. A historical moment it is. Sticking out tongue

But certainly not the first footage from Asa's expertise, he also made the intro cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVCFX9Ljis

The script Asa has shown will serve as the base from which the actual sinking will be programmed.

@priatnia2, yep, that's the goal. Very happy

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

I've just looked at the stats and this video has got more views in 30 hours than my last one did in 9 months Laughing

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

That animation is so sweet! Applause Good job, guys!
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Very happy
You may have seen I shared this vid on Facebook. Sticking out tongue I remember that Honor and Glory once posted a message about my mod on their FB page. My mod page got a jolt of more than 70 people who suddenly liked my mod within only a couple hours.

On video's like this I always wonder what the dislike count is all about. Laughing
Are there some kids somewhere who are seeing this and are like "THAT IS NOT TITANIC!! MOM!! THIS VIDEO IS NOT TITANIC!! MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!11!11!"

Any progression must be good progression right? Sticking out tongue

www.Robville.net
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Aaaaaand here it is! Very happy

(stupid embed doesn't work as usual)

Took about 135 hours to render in total. I hope you all like it. Smile

I just had to drop by and say it: that's an absolutely amazing video, Mr Robville. Applause And it's always nice to see progress on this mod being made Smile
priatnia2

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Emm one question, weird perhaps - will that engine be seen making rephs - pistons and all that thing ? Why am I under the impression that ... Dumb question perhaps.
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Not dumb at all! Such animations are quite complex for modders to make.
We'll do our best at having the engines fully animated. Let's hope it works.

www.Robville.net
priatnia2

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Don't worry even if you don't come to that. We are here just to keep up the engine under heat throwing coal now and then, cause we like it Wink
Mr Robville

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Just posted this as a news item, but felt it would belong in this topic as well since -despite MS's downtime- this is where it all started.

Today has been a special day. Around 4 PM (GMT+1) this afternoon it has been precisely 10 years since I've announced the Titanic mod here on Mafiascene and started working on it from that day on till this very moment. At the time I figured that 3 months would be more than enough time to finish it. Little did I know.

Even though it has taken me a decade to work on the mod at this point, I will continue as always until it's done.
I want to thank everyone here on Mafiascene who has helped me and supported me during the past ten years. You guys are the reason I love modding Mafia and continue to do so, and I hope you'll all keep enjoying the updates I post.

2016 has been a rather quiet year. I spent some time doing modelling for 3rd parties, had to get settled with my new job and bought a car that had to get some love. All possible because of this very project that got me into 3D in the first place.
I'll do my absolute best to work more frequently on the mod as I ain't planning on spending another decade, as much as I'd love to. Wink

As some sort of thank you towards all the people who have been following this for a while, I made this compilation video showing the progression throughout the years of development.

Thanks again everyone and greetings from the Netherlands!

There's only a little bit of work left before I have my full spare time back to work on this mod. Very happy

Although the original topic is lost, here's (a recollection of) the first post of the announcement and the trailer posted shortly after:
Quote:
hello i am mr robville and i presend (maybe the biggest mod ever) Applause Applause Applause the titanic mod Applause Applause Applause

on this mod you can walk around the entire ship and be there as it sinks.

on board you can do some missions like:
save rose
destroy the renault
survive the sinking

i hope you all like it Very happy

The cringeworthy announcement trailer got uploaded shortly after. Sticking out tongue

I know the first comment on this mod was already "Is it already done? if not, when?"

Also one of the staff mentioned as a second reply;
"I heard of a Titanic mod before but I thought it had sunk without a trace."

Apparently, that was the mod that I was searching for but was unable to find, which kind of pushed me to to make a Titanic mod myself. By the time I found out this earlier Titanic mod was actually posted here on Mafiascene, it was already too late. The links expired and MS went down shortly after. That project only exists in my memory, but luckily this one is alive and well and properly documented around the internet.

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Mr R, tis nice to see the progress of the
Titanic Mod. Also how you personally
have come along way especially your
command for the English language
e.g. spelling the word coming with
two em's Laughing but the best thing about
this is how you have not given up and
have stuck at it for so long.

Btw, I like the year April 15 2723
apparently this will be the initial
start year for Fallout 712 Guilty

Keep up the excellent work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: