FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zsolti

116 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Sure, sure, make progress. But don't rush it Wink
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

Meanwhile the video I'm working on is progressing nicely and I'm about halfway done. To have a small sneak peek, here's a render I made from the lounge in Cinema 4D. This is not ingame obviously.

www.Robville.net
PtyIersworId

99 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Wow. Shocked So beautiful and elegant, and breathtaking. It captures the essence of how luxurious and beautiful Titanic was perfectly. Absolutely amazing.

And as for the past posts, and the mod itself, I would say, don't worry about what that other team is doing. They are there to tell a completely different story then the one you intend to tell, and for a completely different kind of audience. Don't let them worry you and make you feel insecure. The two games are not even remotely similar. Focus on what you want to tell your audience is what I would say.
Mr Robville

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! Both for the compliment and message.

I sometimes seem to lose track of that idea that this is a separate thing indeed. Though, it's often hard to resist. For example, after their viral sinking video, you don't want to know how many people came to my project and basically said I had to quit because "oh Honor and Glory is so much better". They also got credit for images from the mod caused by ignorant viewers who couldn't tell the difference. (I would consider it a compliment if it wasn't against my recognition). It's not only demotivating, it constantly pulls my project into their wake as much as I try to stay out of it. Not to mention the constant supply of "Hey Robin, did you check out this project?" messages all linking to THaG.

It's reducing interest in the mod as well each time they post an update that goes viral. Why follow that old stuff when you have shiny graphics instead?

Take a look at the following statistics from my ModDB page:

In a couple months the amount of daily views equals the same as when I just started my mod.
It's a bit ironic really, because on April 14 of 2014 the popularity of this mod sank.
One would think that the decrease is caused by the lengthy development, but I think that's nonsense. THaG has been in development for years now as well and even longer when it was still named "Lost in the Darkness". My updates are also still more frequent than theirs.

I guess a big factor is the shiny images as well and my bad sense of PR. Rendered shots of this mod have always done better than ingame screenshots. I'm curious to see if my theory is correct when I release my new video which is fully rendered with all the common effects found in next-gen graphics.
I must add, that is not the reason the video is fully rendered. Doing it for the popularity is trying to get your already eaten sandwich back. I did it for creative purposes involving animated camera's and lighting which simply isn't possible to make in Mafia. You'll see when it's done.

Nonetheless I am eternally grateful for the group of people who have always been following the development of this mod despite any other stuff going on and who never abandoned it. I will always be doing this for you guys and so has been my main focus from day one till this very moment. As long as you all like the stuff I'm doing I'm having a project to enjoy working on. You keep an engine that's receiving external resistance running. No matter how demotivating the lack of recognition from the mainstream sources may be. It would certainly help though. Smirking

So on a positive note, looking at the timeline in Vegas Pro, it seems the video is about 80% done. There are still some scenes left for rendering so with a bit of luck I can release it next weekend.

www.Robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

964 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Well you are probably going to get a bounce when M3 is released and a whole new crop discover the genre

Nice Work Buddy
Mr Robville

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Aaaaaand here it is! Very happy

(stupid embed doesn't work as usual)

Took about 135 hours to render in total. I hope you all like it. Smile

www.Robville.net
linukkis

1226 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Whoah, just whoah! It's so nice, Rob, the Titanic shines in its full glory Applause Love it
ASM.

183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Quote:

Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from UMG, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.

I love you too, youtube. Smirking
Mr Robville

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

If you can't view it, try this link with "nsfw" added in front:
https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=1gpbzsZ7U-w

Otherwise you can still view it at ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-titanic-mod/videos

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276102 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

awesome video Mr. R

Your work on the Titanic Mod just astounds me
and your dedication to working on this despite
the problems you have faced is second to none

Kudos +10 Applause

MatteoCapoletti

964 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Friggin awesome son

so much detail, so much work, every line and cable in place. The dedication and art is amazing.

Is a 13 year old game engine going to be able to carry it?
Neutral

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Wow, beautiful work again, professional achievement. Well in this video you can feel how great and elegant ship was the Titanic. It is not easy to show but you did well, congratulations. Applause
ASM.

183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

If you can't view it, try this link with "nsfw" added in front:
https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=1gpbzsZ7U-w

Otherwise you can still view it at ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-titanic-mod/videos

Hm nsfwyoutube shows the same error but ModDB works fine.

And yes, indeed, great work. Applause
Mr Robville

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys for the replies! Very happy
The positive feedback on the video has really helped me getting back into the modelling vibe. Smile

@MatteoCapoletti,
It already does. Smile
Except for one or two areas pretty much everything you see has also been implemented in the game already.
If this were to load all at once it would indeed cripple the game, but luckily the mod uses occludders and other tricks to hide any objects that are out of sight. E.G. if you walk into the smoking room or lounge, the framerate suddenly shoots up to 60 FPS due to a big part of the exterior being unloaded. Once you go out it goes back to around 30 FPS which is the current exterior framerate for the time being. Interiors have special distance models so they can be seen from the outside without affecting the game's performance.

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

This looks phenomenal Rob, it feels slightly surreal that after all these years of development (only 9 of which I've been on the scene for) The Titanic Mod is well on the way to completion! It looks absolutely beautiful Very happy

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: