FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Lightsaber

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

12043 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Possibly Mafia's first lightsaber that glows and all that stuff. Hooray!

The official Mafioso Mod thread

Last edited by AsaSK on Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
huckleberrypie

444 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

I see Vincenzo went to extreme lengths just to provide the necessary weapons for Salieri's crew, and yet he somehow couldn't give Tommy the damn Thompson. Sticking out tongue
AsaSK

12043 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Lightsaber Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
I see Vincenzo went to extreme lengths just to provide the necessary weapons for Salieri's crew, and yet he somehow couldn't give Tommy the damn Thompson. Sticking out tongue

They say it's autographed by one of the MVPs of the force Laughing

Zsombor

180 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Congratulations, mod author! When the lightsaber is on screen (or I looking to a direction where a nearby lightsaber model located), my game starts lagging like on a potato computer, but when I put away the lightsaber (or I look away), the game becomes normal again! Oops! Please fix this interesting mod.
Firefox3860

105 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

yeah, Asa, mafia thanks you for the 72 glow objects in the model Very happy
AsaSK

12043 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
Congratulations, mod author! When the lightsaber is on screen (or I looking to a direction where a nearby lightsaber model located), my game starts lagging like on a potato computer, but when I put away the lightsaber (or I look away), the game becomes normal again! Oops! Please fix this interesting mod.

Firefox3860 wrote:
yeah, Asa, mafia thanks you for the 72 glow objects in the model Very happy

Salute

Zsombor

180 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Yeah, AsaSK, this is the actual true. The intensive glow of this model causing the game to lag. Cautious Interesting idea, but the execution affects the game negatively (even on a good computer).
AsaSK

12043 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
Yeah, AsaSK, this is the actual true. The intensive glow of this model causing the game to lag. Cautious Interesting idea, but the execution affects the game negatively (even on a good computer).

Hi Zsombor, thanks for your feedback! I wasn't aware of this issue as I tested the model in an empty test level, so thank you to you and Firefox for bringing it to my attention. Unfortunately, it's not a case of 'lazy'/'sloppy' work (as has been suggested elsewhere), but instead that my knowledge of scaling 4DS glows is very limited, so I had to fake one long glow effect.
I'm taking the download link down, and hopefully sometime I'll learn how to improve this! If I do, I'll let you know. Smile

Zsombor

180 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

Okay, AsaSK, take your time. Smile Maybe a glowless version as a temporary fix until you somehow improve the original model?
Tip: if you test your mod, always load in the full city (eg. Freeride Extreme) and test there as well. Wink
Firefox3860

105 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Lightsaber Reply with quote

I can offer to use the long BBRD object with a glowing texture. This objects have autorotation.
Flat trees in the countryside are the example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: