FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all? Reply with quote

Hey folks, does anyone know if Mafia: TCoLH has any steering deadzone control options anywhere? I used to play with my Logitech MOMO wheel until it broke and everything about it was amazing. Now I'm using a Logitech G920 which has a 900 degree rotation and I've noticed that there is a deadzone of around 30 degrees to either side. I'd love to get rid of this deadzone through some sort of built-in game configs rather than resort to using something like the x360ce emulator. Does anyone know if it's possible?
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all? Reply with quote

I'm unfamiliar regarding using peripherals in Mafia, but I noticed with flightsim that most deadzones are driver controlled. With devices like HOTAS's you can sometimes even choose from presets that have varying axle curves and deadzones.

Is there some sort of driver configuration that you can access?

Alternatively, can you check if the raw controller input shows any deadzone using the Windows Control Panel?

www.robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all? Reply with quote

Through the Logitech GHUB I can configure some stuff, but as far as I can see there's nothing related to deadzones. At the same time the raw input shows there's no deadzone whatsoever, and other games like Euro Truck Simulator, Assetto Corsa etc. work really well, so I'm thinking this must be an issue with Mafia itself not picking up low-degree rotations. Sadly the only thing Mafia allows to adjust is steering linearity, which... does not really help Laughing

Anyhow, thanks for the reply and ideas, Mr Rob

Edit: if anyone happens to have this deadzone issue, my suggestion is to install the Mafia Widescreen Fix, then go and open the Mafia.GenericFix.ini located in the 'scripts' folder and set LeftStickDeadzone = 0 and RightStickDeadzone = 0

Sorry for the lengthy post - I'm 99% certain it will never be of any help to anyone other than geeks like me Joker But now I can finally relive the original Mafia to the fullest

Last edited by linukkis on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Robville

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all? Reply with quote

Glad to hear you found a workaround Smile And, on behalf of all the "obscure information seeking people of the internet" thank you for following up with it.
I've lost count of how many times I've stumbled on unfinished forum topics regarding problems I've encountered because someone didn't bother to mention what fixed it for them. There's nothing more annoying than that, so props to you for not being one of them.

www.robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at al Reply with quote

I know what you mean, it sucks so bad when I have a problem and come across a potential solution thread that ends with someone bumping it with "Hi, did you manage to fix it?" and no response after that.

Thank you, Mr Robville!
6agus6maggot6

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at all? Reply with quote

I need help, i have a logitech g29, and mafia doesn't recognize the force feedback
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Controlling steering deadzone - is it configurable at al Reply with quote

6agus6maggot6 wrote:
I need help, i have a logitech g29, and mafia doesn't recognize the force feedback

I don't think I ever got it to work either. I used to own a Logitech MOMO and now I have a G920 - neither of them ever responded to the force feedback settings. The game has a section for force feedback configuration but I'm unsure if it even works. It didn't bother me none having no FFB so I never really investigated that, but a quick look online didn't give me any insight into why it may not work, sadly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: