FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Fixed! I got my wheel & pedals working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia: Definitive Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dude

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Fixed! I got my wheel & pedals working Reply with quote

I have been working on this since installing yesterday. I have always loved driving games & also FPS (or 3PS) & Mafia (2002) was the 1st I played that combined the two. Before GTA which I never really got in to. Of course I used the x360ce emulator which can be a PITA to configure but worked not too bad although I never got the dead zone where I liked it.

So I was elated when I got it working for Mafia Definitive Edition. Wooot! Here's what worked for me. Get the x360 emulator if you haven't already. I'm using my ancient Logitech NASCAR wheel & pedals btw. It didn't work right away with the original or default setup which uses the xinput1_3.dll so I followed the HELP tips in the emulator & renamed the original xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll & that one worked for me.

And right away it seems to work better as far as dead zone feel of the wheel than with the original or II. I haven't figured out what the buttons on my wheel coincide with the game controller setup yet but I wanted to add this thread so perhaps it will help all those that are still trying to figure this out.

I'm getting back to this new version of this classic game. Although II is my favourite of the 3 I played the original many times & I'm really looking forward to playing this new & improved version. It's going to be a blast. Thumbs up (left)
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1376 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Fixed! I got my wheel & pedals working Reply with quote

Hey, congrats on making this work Smile It's a different experience for us car lovers when we can use wheels, ain't it? Yeah, I also played Mafia: DE with a wheel and I just couldn't be happier. I was so glad they included manual gear shifting, it really gives you more control of the car and more general driving pleasure.

Renaming that DLL to the correct name can be a real hassle, but since this game uses the same engine as Mafia 3, I had that somewhere and saw it was 9_1_0, thought what the hell, it's worth a shot. And it worked!!

As for the buttons, just map them out on the x360ce emulator. I usually do this by looking up what XBox controller button does what, then click the corresponding button on the emulator and select to record button presses. Then you just press your desired button on your wheel. But you most likely know this by heart Smile

Congrats again and have fun in the revamped Lost Heaven
Dude

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Fixed! I got my wheel & pedals working Reply with quote

Ya driving with a gamepad just isn't right. For me. I got the wheel not long after I got my 1st PC (486) When I figured out I could do that I was in heaven. I was playing NFS Porsche Unleashed online not long after that. I still play that one now & then. That's one they could reboot. Cool shades

Working good so far & I am liking this game. I played I & II many times & I actually played I not long ago & was looking around for any new mods when I saw news about the DE's coming out.

I tried III but didn't like it at all & never finished it. IMO they & ruined the series with that one.

Mafia DE is like a different but I guess better version of the original. As different as it is I get a tingle when I'm playing & recognize a mission. Like the mission I just played "Saint & Sinner." Escaping across the roofs & using the ladder to get to the church & then the health at the top of the stairs I was thinking "Oh ya I remember this." Applause

Looking forward to driving the motorcycle. That's something not in the others.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1376 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed! I got my wheel & pedals working Reply with quote

Dude wrote:
As different as it is I get a tingle when I'm playing & recognize a mission.

Totally agree with you, Dude Laughing One other moment was when in 'Running Man' when you're trying to ditch Morello's goons and in an alleyway there's a woman waiting for somebody and she says something like "He said he'd be here by three". That put such a big smile on my face Laughing

Yeah, they put some motorcycles in this one. I wonder what your opinion will be once you try them? Thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia: Definitive Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: