FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
null_

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

Hello,

we all know police and gangster cars are faster and have better traction when chasing so they can catch up.
When you drive their cars, this bonus is lost and the cars behave normally.

Now, a few times i managed to obtain a car still in this "chase mode". I even have a save file with two of them.

I could never pin down what I exactly did to make that happen. Most of the times I killed my opponents in uncommon situations or weird ways.
Like throwing grenades at them from positions where the AI won't see me while the wanted-timer runs out. Or trying to kill them while their
cars motor is still running, either by shooting them or letting them die in high speed chases?

So the question, does anybody know to reproducibly obtain these cars in-game in chase mode? I couldn't find any information on the internet.
Also, I bet some modders can shine some light on the technical/implementation side of it.
Hunter

2359 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

I didn't know that could happen. Nice going Wink
null_

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

I uploaded my savegame; in case this is something new:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnlfgg4abgmrhsm/mafia_savegame_freeride_chasemode.zip?dl=1

You will find that in free ride mode there are three cars parked outside Salieri's.
A police car, a gangster coupe and the regular Mutagen FWD. The gangster and police car accelerate much faster, seem to have a higher speed cap and react more direct to steering.

Play around with it; I hope it works on other installations too!
Hunter

2359 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

Here are my observations.

Wow, the steering on that police car. No wonder they jerk and swing around so much. Gearing is unchanged, but output is massive.

The Buick has more normal steering but output is also extreme. They both have a tendency to retain speed. RsPM don't seem to want to drop outside of powerband. Try getting up to speed and push the clutch. Nothing happens.

Or, go in second gear and to about 40MPH and the car will idle at that speed, or even a little more in third.

These cars otherwise are marked normally - speeding gets you in trouble, et cetera.

I would expect to find table entries for these cars somewhere, perhaps seen in MCVE somewhere. And we already knew the game can apparently swap car values on the fly.

You haven't played MAFIA since 2013. I'm worried about you. Sticking out tongue
null_

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

Huh, never tested them in manual. I was busy seeing what shenanigans
I am able to accomplish Wink

Don't worry, i believe my latest playtrough was just 2018 in another save file Cool shades
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

671 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Police / Gangster Cars in "Chase Mode" Reply with quote

I'm fairly sure this is handled via car tuning levels. Here's a small script for toggling the tuning level of the current car via the sniper mode key:
Code:

dim_flt 2
dim_act 2

mse_debug_text "tuning.sc started."

getactiveplayer 0

label check_key
commandblock 1

ctrl_read 0, SNIPERMODE
if flt[0] = 1, toggle_level, -1

commandblock 0
goto check_key

label toggle_level
commandblock 0
let flt[1] = 1.0 - flt[1]
human_getowner 0, 1
car_setactlevel 1, flt[1]
goto check_key
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: