FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Lightmapping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frog_808

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Lightmapping? Reply with quote

Hello, I would like to copy and modify Yellow Pet's gun shop so that I can have it in another place on the map as well. However, I don't know how to separate a group of objects (I think it's lightmapping).

These objects cannot be cloned as a group. How can I break down such a group into many individual objects, which I can then insert as often as I want?

Do I need other editors besides MWE? (Maybe the 4ds-manager or Zmodeler?)
(I have both, but don't really know how to deal with them)

I would also like to Install the safe from the bank from Mission 19 in Yellow Pet's gun shop, but the individual objects are not listed in the Object Reference. (Except for the large safe door)

Maybe I could also merge the bank into the freeride mode?

I would be very grateful for some help.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Lightmapping? Reply with quote

The interior of Yellow Pete's/the bank is largely stored in scene.4ds so you'll need a modelling tool like MAX with pudingus' mafia-4ds-import-export script to extract them. Zmodeler won't cut it since its 4ds filter is very barebones and only supports basic models which scene.4ds'es typically aren't.

Frog_808 wrote:

(I think it's lightmapping)

Hm no. Lightmapping typically means to bake scene lighting into some structure (like a texture).
Frog_808

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Lightmapping? Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick response. Is there a way to insert the bank as a whole in freeride mode, only with MWE or boz4ds manager?

(Am I correct in assuming that MAX is not a free program?)
ASM.

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Lightmapping? Reply with quote

MWE definitely does not support that. It only supports viewing models but not editing them. No idea about 4ds Manager, though. I don't know whether it provides any functionality to import/export objects from .4ds files.

One thing you could try is to copy mise19-banka's scene.4ds to the models/ directory, rename it, create an instance of it in freeride via scene2.bin and disable/relocate the exterior mesh objects like Object10k. It's kinda messy, but could work. What I'm not sure about however is whether the bank's sectors play ball with getting relocated. After all you probably don't want to place the bank at 0 0 0 (which is the construction site in Hoboken) but in its original place in Downtown. Thinking

Edit:
Frog_808 wrote:

(Am I correct in assuming that MAX is not a free program?)

I'm afraid it is, yes. There used to be a lite variant called GMAX (?) that was free AFAIR but I have no idea whether that's still a thing. From what I know they offer cheap/free student licenses, though. You'd need to check whether you're eligible for one of those.

Edit 2:
Or do it like many other hobbyists do and get a cracked copy. Guilty
Frog_808

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Lightmapping? Reply with quote

I don't have to edit it, placing / displaying the bank would be enough for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: