FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

https://github.com/pudingus/mafia-4ds-import-export

Downloads

Wiki - How to use

First public release was on May 14, 2020

Last edited by pudingus on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
MrSpudnik

113 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Why is it always created for 3ds Max, but never for Blender? Due to the fact that code is easier there than Python?

pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

MrSpudnik wrote:
Why is it always created for 3ds Max, but never for Blender? Due to the fact that code is easier there than Python?

I can't tell you if its easier, never made an addon for Blender. The reason why this is for 3ds Max is because I started with fixing Mr F scripts. I wanted to export Guliano Bridge with transparent textures, which it didn't support. Then I wanted to edit sectors, so I added that. After that it was just easier to keep updating it than making something new. Now there is almost nothing left from the original code.
djbozkosz

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

MrSpudnik wrote:

Answer: https://discord.com/channels/402098213114347520/517494532162453505/724345940864925706.

Web | Youtube | Developer at Hangar 13 Games (2K Czech)
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

I like your scripts better, they are nicely structured. Mine are exactly what they are - someones first "coding" experience.
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
I like your scripts better, they are nicely structured. Mine are exactly what they are - someones first "coding" experience.

Don't let that discourage you, you've made more progress than me
huckleberrypie

422 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Is this stable enough for importing and exporting custom cars into the game? And weapons for that matter since I'd like to have a Half-Life crowbar mod lol.
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
Is this stable enough for importing and exporting custom cars into the game? And weapons for that matter since I'd like to have a Half-Life crowbar mod lol.

Yes
huckleberrypie

422 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

pudingus wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:

Yes

That's good to know.
Smelson

62 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Pudingus, are you going to do the 5DS plugin for 3ds max?
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Smelson wrote:

Probably not
Smelson

62 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

pudingus wrote:
Smelson wrote:

Probably not

Uhh, okay. I wanted to test some motion capture.
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Just want to inform you, that my work on this plugin is going to continue. My focus from the start has been on ease of use, quality and performance. That is going to stay the same. For the next version I'm working on support for skinned meshes.
huckleberrypie

422 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

pudingus wrote:
Just want to inform you, that my work on this plugin is going to continue. My focus from the start has been on ease of use, quality and performance. That is going to stay the same. For the next version I'm working on support for skinned meshes.

Well as long as we have options and/or alternatives, 'tis very much appreciated.
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Updated 4ds plugin for 3ds Max (by pudingus) Reply with quote

Version 0.4.0 released.
Quote:

- Import and export of skinned meshes and bones
- Import of morphs
- Faster vertex splitting algorithm
- Added support for Physical Material
- Added error message when importing invalid files
- Edges are now visible in wireframe mode
- Fixed error in parameter editor when adding parameters to unsupported objects (like lights, cameras...)

Download - How to use

(Because of a bug in 3ds Max, skinned meshes are broken in Max 2012, 2013 and 2014)

The main difference between Duelists plugin in regards to custom characters, is that this supports vertex splitting for skinned meshes, so you get correct UVs and vertex normals, and easier lod creation. But it doesnt support morphs yet.

And dog models are supported too.

Last edited by pudingus on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: