FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

How to add patrolling enemies into a mission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

i would like to add few patrolling enemies into the port in the "Just for Relaxation" mission.

While analyzing some default enemy scripts of the Mission 8 ("The Whore") i found out how to make an enemy to patrol a specific area. However, i don't know the ID numbers of waypoints. Where i could find them?

ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

Waypoints are stored in check.bin.
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Waypoints are stored in check.bin.

How can i open the check.bin file of a specific mission and discover the ID numbers of the waypoints used in it?
ASM.

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

There're two editors that I know of: CheckRE and CHE. Both are available in the downloads section I think.
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
There're two editors that I know of: CheckRE and CHE. Both are available in the downloads section I think.

What do you mean by CHE. editor? I searched for it on Google and there is no such thing as far as i can tell. Maybe you mean Check.bin editor instead?

CheckRE is not available in the download section. Anyway i downloaded the CheckRE editor from here: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130604

How do i distinguish which waypoints are which? I assume that the "Point number" value is the waypoint ID number, right?

Is there any way to display waypoints grid used by enemies to navigate in specific mission in Mafia World Editor? That would be more easier for me.
ASM.

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

pjakub88 wrote:

What do you mean by CHE. editor? I searched for it on Google and there is no such thing as far as i can tell. Maybe you mean Check.bin editor instead?

Yes. I haven't personally used it yet but from what I know it allows to visualize the nodes in-game which might be more intuitive to work with.

pjakub88 wrote:

How do i distinguish which waypoints are which? I assume that the "Point number" value is the waypoint ID number, right?

Yes, I think so.

pjakub88 wrote:

Is there any way to display waypoints grid used by enemies to navigate in specific mission in Mafia World Editor? That would be more easier for me.

No (not yet? Guilty). It's on my TODO list, though.
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

[Double post. Removed. I don't know why that happened, sorry]

Last edited by pjakub88 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
pjakub88 wrote:

Yes. I haven't personally used it yet but from what I know it allows to visualize the nodes in-game which might be more intuitive to work with.

That's true. I managed to visualize waypoints used by the AI in a specific mission with Check.bin editor by adding a script - just like instructed in the editor readme. You could display the waypoints in game by pressing F1. Each of them has its own coordinates. Maybe i could find the waypoint ID number in CheckRE by its coordinates.

EDIT: I copied the waypoints coordinates from the Check.bin editor into CheckRE editor and it seems that i found their ID numbers.

I created a new guard, but instead of patrolling he is standing still. What i did wrong with the script? Could anyone help me with that? I would like the guard to continuously patrol around one of the buildings.

pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: How to add patrolling enemies into a mission? Reply with quote

I finally made some progress. I edited one of the default guards script from the Mission 18 "Just For Relaxation". Now he moves from one waypoint to another continuosly.

That is how his script looks like now:

I think, that the enemy could only use waypoints that have already ID numbers assigned. Like seen on the example below. The ID 19 waypoint is used by the Guard5 by default.

EDIT: I also added a worker. I assigned ID numbers for few different existing waypoints for that purpose using Check.bin editor.

Another worker:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: