FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mission "Just for Relaxation" scripting bug SOLVED

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Mission "Just for Relaxation" scripting bug SOLVED Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

i just found a scripting bug in the mission 18 "Just for Relaxation".

You could kill all 6 guards standing near the 2 cars at the harbor entrance using baseball bat without raising any alarm at all. See picture below:

I know, that baseball bat is not considered a "weapon drawn" by the game engine (AI won't react while you have it equipped in your hands), so maybe that is the source of the problem. Is there any way to fix that? Like for example having a baseball bat in player's hands would be treated by AI as holding a firearm?

EDIT: The only solution that i found for this bug so far, was to simply re-position those guards, so player won't be able to sneak behind them and hit with baseball bat.

Last edited by pjakub88 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
huckleberrypie

351 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Mission 18 "Just for Relaxation" - scripting bug Reply with quote

Has this exploit been used by speedrunners before?
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 18 "Just for Relaxation" - scripting b Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:

I don't know, since i never watched any Mafia speedrun. I don't like such things.

Anyway, i figured it out. I fixed the scripting bug.

I added few additional scripts based on a edited MISE18-PRISTAV script named "detector_alarm".

In each of those new scripts, when the player kills one of the 6 guards near the harbor entrance, their colleagues will immediately become hostile towards him. No more killing guards with baseball bat from behind with no reaction from the others standing nearby.

See pictures below:

Hunter

2329 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 18 "Just for Relaxation" - scripting b Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:

It's much faster to drive past them then spend time trying to stealthily neutralize them.
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 18 "Just for Relaxation" - scripting b Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:

It's much faster to drive past them then spend time trying to stealthily neutralize them.

By the way the walking workers (pedestrians) are bugged too - often you can drive them over with a truck and no alarm will be raised...

By default the enemies are more concerned when you kill the warehouse manager - no matter if they see you doing that or not. There is a script for that called "detector_alarm".
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47063 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Mission "Just for Relaxation" scripting bug SOLVED Reply with quote

I see that the problem is solved. I will lock this now.
In case you want to add something to the thread, let me know via PM.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: