FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278040 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Looks like Daniel Vavra is none too happy about remake
and who can blame him...

Quote:
He said, “Since everybody asks me about it all day – I didn’t work on it. I don’t expect much from it. Nobody told me anything about it. I don’t know anything about it. Nobody paid me anything for it. My involvement is 0. I just wrote and directed the original.”

The OG Mafia Writer/Director Doesn’t Seem Happy About the Remake

Hunter

2329 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

I could barely recognize Pepe's Restaurant without that Microsoft Paint sign Laughing

It seems like it will be a nice game, but no transmission, really? Where's the gameplay? Sarcastic
LeroyPeterson

1062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Looks like Daniel Vavra is none too happy about remake
and who can blame him...

Quote:
He said, “Since everybody asks me about it all day – I didn’t work on it. I don’t expect much from it. Nobody told me anything about it. I don’t know anything about it. Nobody paid me anything for it. My involvement is 0. I just wrote and directed the original.”

The OG Mafia Writer/Director Doesn’t Seem Happy About the Remake

That's really sad. It's pretty clear what makes the best 'remaster'/'remake' is usually involvement of some of the original team and also involvement from the fans.
Just look at Command & Conquer Remastered, released a few weeks ago. They made a 'guild' of notable or experienced fans and used them to guide little details and tweaks. But obviously there are big differences between using a game from a dead studio vs a current franchise.
Norman

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

I noticed an interesting thing in the trailer. You can hear shooting from Tommy Gun and I think that sound sounds like "only" updated sound from original Mafia. That great. If other weapons will have "only" updated sounds from original it would be good. I am afraid of driving. I hope they won't change it to GTA style. I enjoyed driving in Mafia a lot. GTA has own style = arcade and Mafia has own = realistic. I think Mafia Definitive Edition is the biggest thing in the gaming world this year.
nesquik

60 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Does anybody knows when we would see the next movie from the developers?! Is it scheduled somehow ?! Thinking
Bumper

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Interesting to see I'm not the only one worried about the driving mechanics - hooking up my steering wheel and just (more or less) aimlessly driving around Lost Heaven was one of my favourite things to do back in the early 2000s until around 2011 when I sold my steering wheel. In fact, the driving physics and excellent force feedback still hold up quite well, so much so that I'm really looking into buying a wheel again so I could enjoy Mafia 1 to its fullest.

Too bad the remaster will likely feature some modified version of the Mafia 3 driving model, which is by far the worst in the series.

Well, if it all goes horribly wrong at least we'll have some high-quality assets to port to Mafia 1. Thinking
madmaxgamer

69 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Hangar13 talks about Mafia:The Definitive edition [25.06.2020]

https://www.ign.com/articles/mafia-definitive-edition-is-using-mafia-3-mechanics-and-learning-from-the-sequels-mistakes?sf124440219=1
LeroyPeterson

1062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:
Hangar13 talks about Mafia:The Definitive edition [25.06.2020]

https://www.ign.com/articles/mafia-definitive-edition-is-using-mafia-3-mechanics-and-learning-from-the-sequels-mistakes?sf124440219=1

Quote:
In this upcoming version, there are settings for police presence and how strict they are to players who break these laws, like riding through a red light. The original settings can be preserved, but this sliders are put in place to give players more choice in how they want to experience this story.

Applause
nesquik

60 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Yes, absolutely right decision, I hope It would exist for the racing mission too among others. I've read in my native language that the role of Sarah will be somehow extended too. Looks like some line in their relationship with Tommy is going to be modified Smile Congratulations to everybody with the good news.
AMadeMan

530 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Based on the report, I assume it will show Tommy hiding his life from Sarah in a more personal perspective. This would likely involve Tommy being shown actively protecting his family and at some point Sarah and their daughter would find out about his secrets.
PtyIersworId

148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

I have been silently reading this thread for a while now, and I have my own opinions that I want to throw in, both good and bad.

The Good: A Mafia game set in the 1930s with modern graphics is one of the things I've always wanted, and the game looks fantastic so far. The cars, the architecture, and the characters of the game all look fantastic so far. Lost Heaven looks absolutely breathtaking with modern graphics and lighting, and I anxiously await to see its performance in future gameplay videos.

The Bad: The game is being built on the Mafia III engine, which is already a bad start. The cars in that game had a very arcade feel to them, where all the cars could effortlessly be thrown around like toys. I worry that they may recycle the driving engine from Mafia III instead of creating something like Mafia I and II, where older cars were underpowered and felt like they had weight to them. If you wanted to throw them around, you had to put a lot of effort into doing so. They felt and handled like REAL cars, which is something Mafia III threw out the window completely in favor of "fast-paced action movie car chase physics!!"

The Ugly: This is 2K Games we are talking about, a company that already has a track record of cutting content from previous titles. They claim to have an expanded storyline, but I still worry about optional things like streetcars, easter eggs, and sidequests like the Lucas Bertone missions. Please do not forget that this is the same company that cut the sidequests for Mike Bruski and Derek Pappalardo in Mafia II. I'd like to be optimistic and believe them when they say "everything you want in Mafia, and more", but their past track record with games has me worried significantly.

That's all for now. There really isn't anything else I'd like to add that hasn't been said already. The remake of the original Mafia has me both very excited and very nervous at the same time, but I guess we will see what happens when the time comes.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278040 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

To be totally honest I would rather Mafia: City of Lost Heaven Def Ed
was not released until 2022; don't get me wrong but as I see it the
release this year would be to celebrate Mafia II's 10th birthday whereas
on approximately 27-29th August 2022 would be Mafia City of Lost Heaven's
20th birthday since release in 2002. Also this would give the devs plenty of
time to get it right hopefully for once.

In a nutshell I am not rushing to buy this. I don't think so!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: