FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255869 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
I just checked, and it turns out it is free. You gotta restart the steam client and it will download it.

As to be expected, Mafia 2 Definitive Edition added nothing at all besides a graphical touch-up. No additional content in the slightest besides the DLCs was added. Such a missed opportunity and slap in the face to Mafia fans. I truly wished Mafia was in the hands of another company like THQ Nordic.

Hangar 13 just now announced that your mugshot can be in Mafia 1 Definitive Edition. That sounds cool I guess.

That doesn't give me a lot of hope really. Judging a company by their actions and not their words, they again have chosen to opt for the quick cashing option from what I could gather from the reviews.
Especially the lack of restored cut content... Seriously? If anything thát should have been part of something with a remaster title on it. There's a name for remasters that only include texture, sound and some model improvements. It's called a mod.

If this is the premise of which they are making the Mafia 1 remaster, then color me skeptical. Because if they didn't read up on what people would've wanted in a M2 remaster, then for sure they wouldn't have read up on what people loved about an 18 year old game. Let's hope I'm wrong.

And as for M3, this would've been a good moment for them to finish the game the way they wanted, without the mundane repetitiveness in it. It seems they haven't done that either.

On a positive note. It is nice to see the definitive editions automatically listed in my Steam account. I didn't expect that.

www.robville.net
AMadeMan

506 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
AMadeMan wrote:
I just checked, and it turns out it is free. You gotta restart the steam client and it will download it.

As to be expected, Mafia 2 Definitive Edition added nothing at all besides a graphical touch-up. No additional content in the slightest besides the DLCs was added. Such a missed opportunity and slap in the face to Mafia fans. I truly wished Mafia was in the hands of another company like THQ Nordic.

Hangar 13 just now announced that your mugshot can be in Mafia 1 Definitive Edition. That sounds cool I guess.

That doesn't give me a lot of hope really. Judging a company by their actions and not their words, they again have chosen to opt for the quick cashing option from what I could gather from the reviews.
Especially the lack of restored cut content... Seriously? If anything thát should have been part of something with a remaster title on it. There's a name for remasters that only include texture, sound and some model improvements. It's called a mod.

If this is the premise of which they are making the Mafia 1 remaster, then color me skeptical. Because if they didn't read up on what people would've wanted in a M2 remaster, then for sure they wouldn't have read up on what people loved about an 18 year old game. Let's hope I'm wrong.

And as for M3, this would've been a good moment for them to finish the game the way they wanted, without the mundane repetitiveness in it. It seems they haven't done that either.

On a positive note. It is nice to see the definitive editions automatically listed in my Steam account. I didn't expect that.

I'm glad Mafia 2 at least got some form of visual update and bug fix. Mafia 3 Definitive Edition on the other hand is literally the original 2016 game with all the DLC added. Once I posted my Steam review and listed all the points both good and bad, I got 5 guys within the first 20 minutes shitting on me saying I should be grateful and that its a remaster and not a remake. With corporate ass lickers like those, it makes me fear not only for the future of the Mafia franchise, but also for video game remasters and how people perceive them in the future.

Remasters are meant to stay close to the original but with more content and being up to date while remakes are a complete redesign from the ground up without using the original as a base, but rather as a model from a design standpoint.
flovivi

323 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Honestly, I feel the Mafia II remastered Mod is even better than the official remaster. IF they just could give us the developer tools then we could show them what a remaster is supposed to look like.

Mafia 1 Remake remains my big hope. I'm still hyped by the amazing screenshots. ALWAYS wanted to see how those cars would look like with nowadays graphics. I knew we already could make modern cars with amazing graphics. Seen it over and over again in GTA. But the cars from the 30', oh my. Blowing my mind.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278014 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

A bit of Heads-Up - Yes the release of Mafia II and III
are included if you already have them on Steam.
However mafiagame.com have yes as Mr Robville
stated the option to buy the full trilogy (preorder)
for £49.99. Another ploy from the Milk Marketing
Board.. I have a feeling that Mafia CoLH Definitive
Edition
is not going to be free even as a stand
alone game. Thinking

PS: OK now if you already had Mafia II and III
you got these free unless you didn't each one
would cost £24.99 respectively on Steam.
Mafia Definitive Edition will cost £34.99.
Question is if on August 28th the game is
released or unlocked on Steam will this
also be free; although I very much doubt it.
When Mafia II was first available if purchased
the game on Steam you got Mafia CoLH free.
Therefore I think the reversal has happened,
i.e. You purchase Mafia CoLH Definitive Edition
e.g. £34.99 and the other games are free, only
if you already have them.

officerpuppy

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

While I'd love to get MAFIA 1 on PC for the modding... I wouldn't be surprised if 2k will put the game files into things that either we can't extract because there's no tools, or there is an extract for but there's no way to repack the files.

I'll probably end up getting the game for my Xbox. Cautious
Zsombor

92 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

When I first saw a small article about "Mafia 1 Definitive edition", I was amazed when I saw the screenshots! Thumbs up (left) Because I modded the classic Mafia 1 a lot (for some years) and I still have my own modded version which I try to preserve! Smile
I played Mafia 1 Freeride a lot, I know every small part of the town well, but I never played trough the whole storyline, just only tried out a few missions (via the included saves from the Ikarus mod)! Smile

So, what information is available about "Mafia 1 Definitive edition"? What will be the price of it? Can I get it if I only have the original "non-Steam" version of it? Will it release on PC, too?
Feetlebaum

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

It's hard to hold a candle to the original Mafia, because to me, the charm is in its simplicity and groundedness in reality which pushed a compelling story. Created in a time that allowed creativity for a vision. Nowadays that creative vision is more often compromised for profit. I understand the reasons to be skeptical of this remake. Like a lot of media, what makes the most money is appealing to the lowest common denominator so it's accessible to the widest audience possible. I think we know that.

And so I won't be surprised if Mafia: Remake is, for lack of better words, Mafia 3 with a prohibition/Great Depression setting. But despite that the quality of the final product is dubious, I'm sold on it. I'll probably buy it on release, because I've been wanting something like this since I first played Mafia as a kid. A modern open-world driving game set in 1930s America. I never expected that they would remake it, and I'm excited.

I think I will get my money's worth just for the reason that I love the time period. The cars, the fashion, the music. I personally get a lot of my enjoyment from the Mafia games cruising around the map, like I'm taking a virtual Sunday drive (fingers crossed for Freeride mode and the countryside).
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

Feetlebaum wrote:
I personally get a lot of my enjoyment from the Mafia games cruising around the map, like I'm taking a virtual Sunday drive.

I second that, it's one of the main reasons I loved Mafia 3 so much, despite its shortcomings. I found New Bordeaux simply beautiful Cool shades
Dujk

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

Mafia 2 took almost 8 years of waiting and turned out as a butchered one
then with Hanger13's Mafia 3 things really went south.Now instead of Mafia 4
2k tryin to sell the old one again.
Now expect a Hanger13 envision with modding of Mafia3 with 30's cars,streets and clothes,you won't be disappointed.
LeroyPeterson

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

Feetlebaum wrote:
I think I will get my money's worth just for the reason that I love the time period. The cars, the fashion, the music. I personally get a lot of my enjoyment from the Mafia games cruising around the map, like I'm taking a virtual Sunday drive (fingers crossed for Freeride mode and the countryside).

well if this remaster doesnt do so well, there is always LA Noire for "open world" step back in time.

I guess what concerns me most is the release schedule. Obviously 2k have been holding this one close to their chest but the last DLC for Mafia 3 came out in July 2017.
So 3 years to rebuild mafia 1 in a new engine, improve *something* in Mafia 2 (while also making it buggy like it hasn't been released prior) and merge mafia 3 will all DLC...
ASM.

617 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

LeroyPeterson wrote:

So 3 years to rebuild mafia 1 in a new engine, improve *something* in Mafia 2 (while also making it buggy like it hasn't been released prior) and merge mafia 3 will all DLC...

The work on the Definitive Editions of Mafia 2 and 3 was apparently outsourced to d3t.
LeroyPeterson

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SO Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:

The work on the Definitive Editions of Mafia 2 and 3 was apparently outsourced to d3t.

orly Thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: