FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kushalmattio

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Honestly, the newest ending is much better and deeper.

In the original he’s like, huh? and oh, shit!
But in the remake he seems to know that his time has come and accepts his fate, looking calm and smiling as the bullets fly into him.
Also, he says that they’re all safe now, so he knew he had to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to safe his family,could be with his family during his last breath and that’s really touching to me. But I also missed his original speech too
Bumper

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
Not to mention that it seems to be unfairly hard to run on low-end machines.

Really? I have a 11 year old PC with only RAM and GPU upgraded (from 6 to 12gb and a used GTX 980) at some point and was pleasantly surprised I could run the game with everything in HIGH at 1440P. I really thought it'd be too much for my old i7 920, but it actually runs way smoother than Mafia 3 did. At times it feels like I'm getting more constant FPS than I am with Mafia 2 DE.

As for the game - It looks stunning apart for some weird lighting glitches from time to time. Gameplay isn't too much to my liking really, and I hate the fact that they didn't implement all features that the original had. You'd think with todays technology and processing power it wouldn't be too hard to have a proper steering wheel support, rideable trams, more interactivity with people and objects, someone actually refueling the car for you etc.

Well, it's still good fun exploring the city even if it feels a bit empty at times. Oh and annoyingly there are a lot of invisible walls so you can't run to the hills and people's yards, but I suppose in that way it is kind of faithful to the original. Hopefully modders can rectify some of these problems. Or port some of the beautiful assets and textures to the original game. Sarcastic
arbitrarymobster

95 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

@hucleberrypie: You can use x360ce like I did with M2 but as I understand it, you can't use both keyboard/mouse and controller which means you'd have to move the camera somehow with a steering wheel. Also, even if you figure out a way around that issue, there will be no force feedback.

When I think about the effort involved to support wheels I always think of the mod a user called IKT made for GTAV with complete support including good quality force feedback. A modder, who had to reverse engineer the vehicle structure for the game and then code support using a hook. All extra work the developers don't have to do. Maybe I can hire a programmer to duplicate the mod for Mafia games...

The developers just don't bother tailoring their products for grown-ups that spend money on gaming hardware because we are a minority of players. Most people that buy these games are teenagers (despite the age requirement) which is why they dumb down everything including the dialog (example: The use of modern snarkiness and affectation appealing to teens that don't know or care about historical accuracy and just want to “have fun” with exploding barrels in barns 'n stuff). That is where the sales numbers are. So they can go ahead and sell to teens then. I will put my money elsewhere. Sad.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

224 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Time for a comparison. M = Mafia - DE = new game

Also safe to say this feels much like a game (a good one) while Mafia was an experience.

Tommy M>DE
Paulie TIE
Sam M>DE
Salieri TIE
Sarah M<DE (this is the best addition they made by far)
Frank M<DE
Vinny M<DE
Ralphie M<DE
Luigi TIE
Morello TIE
Sergio M<DE
Bertone M>DE
Lost Heaven TIE (one is more fun and one feels more realistic)

Melee combat M>DE
Gunplay M>DE
Stealth M<DE
Story M>DE
Driving TIE

Clearly two different pieces of software, catered to two different audiences. On 'Classic' the game felt very cheap at times.
nesquik

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Well, friends, some time ago I wrote about my expectations and, unfortunately, most of them come true. This is completely another game for me with new faces, music, car physics, changed storyline, however I liked the last phrase in the last cutscene: "Family is forever" and I believe that It has a double meaning - your nature family the most important thing in your life, but mafia, mafia is something special that is going to be live with you even If some time you aren't able to see It and one day It'll find you wherever you are.
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

There are lots of removed content ,Bertone's 7 side missions (about half and hour gameplay),some side characters, traffic lights,trams and trains unavailable..dogs,wonder will they come as dlc? Laughing
huckleberrypie

432 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

On a positive note, our very own djbozkosz is apparently on a wanted poster in the game.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255930 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

By the way, although I had stated that there's not much to be spoiled for a story that got released 18 years ago, it has become apparent to me that the developers have taken a lot of liberty in the new narration of the storyline.

Therefore I wish to ask those who have played/completed the game to refrain from mentioning details of the new storyline. Especially big changes. These are things still worth discovering for new players.

Depending on how much there is to talk about, it could be an idea to have a dedicated topic for spoiler discussions, as weird as it sounds.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Depending on how much there is to
talk about, it could be an idea to have a dedicated topic
for spoiler discussions, as weird as it sounds.

Hmm Thinking I wonder if perhaps Chris K might
be able to incorporate a button to hide
spoilers to allow them to be viewed or not.

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

255930 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I fear that Chris no longer digs into the code of Mafiascene. Such a tag would be very useful indeed. And it would be better than a spoiler topic since this one is basically our dedicated one for all talk related to MDE.

Just to be clear though, this is just a personal request of course. I don't want to withhold people from discussing the game.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I fear that Chris no longer digs into the code of Mafiascene. Such a tag would be very useful indeed. And it would be better than a spoiler topic since this one is basically our dedicated one for all talk related to MDE.

Just to be clear though, this is just a personal request of course. I don't want to withhold people from discussing the game.

That's what I was thinking. Even a simple [spoiler]text[/spoiler]
would suffice or something along those lines.

Unfortunately I haven't heard from Chris
since way back when

huckleberrypie

432 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
By the way, although I had stated that there's not much to be spoiled for a story that got released 18 years ago, it has become apparent to me that the developers have taken a lot of liberty in the new narration of the storyline.

Therefore I wish to ask those who have played/completed the game to refrain from mentioning details of the new storyline. Especially big changes. These are things still worth discovering for new players.

Depending on how much there is to talk about, it could be an idea to have a dedicated topic for spoiler discussions, as weird as it sounds.

I'm honestly not bothered about spoilers, but yeah since a lot has changed nevertheless it would be prudent to treat the story as brand-new.
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Like Mack nicely put coz it's console game now,but bugs like chasing car disappearing and appearing for cutscene just dreadful.

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

@Dujk: Yeah I just watched Mack's first time play and he
thankfully will be doing a full review.

Looking forward to that.

Mr Robville

255930 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I was worried for a bit since he had mentioned on his Twitter that he was considering skipping this game, so I'm glad he's still doing it.

During the video I was pleased to see that he was deliberately slowing down in the car chase from the bridge. That's something I'd have done as well, because it's a very easy way to mess with scripted events. When a game expects you to hurriedly speed through the city, and you don't, you'll witness the whole thing fall apart.

I think in essence, that is the one main flaw from DE towards the original. The lack of such strict scripted events on every thing you must do is what made the game feel far more organic. Not to mention it gave the player the sense of having a brain.

That said though, as he was sifting through the options, I must disagree on most criticism on that, because I'm glad they at least put the options in. There are more than a million games where this wouldn't be the case and you'd just have to deal with auto aim and skip drive.
Only that diamond marker thingy seems annoying as crap.

www.robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: