FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
I announce hereby I preordered Mafia Definitive Edition on Steam!! Thumbs up (left)
I will click download later when the game gets unlocked for everyone (20 September). Smile

Release date is 25th September actually
Steam wrote:

Coming 25 September
This game will unlock in approximately 10 days

As for preordering ain't gonna happen for me. I don't think so!
Definitely going to wait for patches and after
reading/seeing game release reviews; especially
Mack's WAB.

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Likewise. As promising as it looks, H13's brief trackrecord isn't too reliable.
Depending on the released product, I prefer spending the least amount of money for the best available version rather than vice versa.

And if the game turns out to be very good, waiting a few days never hurts.

Did the same thing with Flight Simulator 2020. Looked fantastic, but I awaited the Worthabuy review first since he seems one of the few reviewers to address stability issues. He loved it, I bought it, and am enjoying it fully. Don't feel like I missed out on those 3 days it took for him to review it.

www.robville.net
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Release date is 25th September actually
Steam wrote:

Coming 25 September
This game will unlock in approximately 10 days

As for preordering ain't gonna happen for me. I don't think so!
Definitely going to wait for patches and after
reading/seeing game release reviews; especially
Mack's WAB.
Really?! When I last checked it in August, Steam wrote 20 September! Shocked Well, it looks like it got 5 day delay since August. Whatever... Sarcastic
Let's hope that date is finally the final one...
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
Really?! When I last checked it in August, Steam wrote 20 September! Shocked Well, it looks like it got 5 day delay since August. Whatever... Sarcastic
Let's hope that date is finally the final one...

It has always been delayed until September 25th
I checked on Steam UK when the announcement
was made regarding the delay and Sept 25 was
given for release. Smirking

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
madmaxgamer

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Same here. Not preordering it. I will definitely play this game eventually, one way or ARRRRRnother. But the quality of it will determine how much i wait for the price to drop before i buy it. Preordering shit is what led us to this situation. Developers not bothering making something great, and instead just making something passable, quick, cause they know they get your money first.
I played hundreds of games in the past 20 years, and Mafia1 is my favourite. And even i can exercise some restraint. Do the same. Not for your wallet, but for the next game that gets developed. IF they know they don't get preorders, they try and make them better.
Mr Robville

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:
Same here. Not preordering it. I will definitely play this game eventually, one way or ARRRRRnother. But the quality of it will determine how much i wait for the price to drop before i buy it. Preordering shit is what led us to this situation. Developers not bothering making something great, and instead just making something passable, quick, cause they know they get your money first.
I played hundreds of games in the past 20 years, and Mafia1 is my favourite. And even i can exercise some restraint. Do the same. Not for your wallet, but for the next game that gets developed. IF they know they don't get preorders, they try and make them better.

Exactly this. The less pre-orders, the more incentive for a developer to put their backs into developing a polish... no finished product. The amount of money I decide to give a developer is based on the quality of work they've delivered, not what they've promised.

I bought Mafia 3 from the bargain bin a few months after its release. With the "pre-order" DLC's still included. Best thing was, for those 10 bucks or something, I got a version that was already patched as well and ran just fine.

www.robville.net
Feetlebaum

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Here is a list of the songs that will be featured in the game. A lot of Ellington and none of the original Reinhardt tracks. I'm disappointed that there is no Mills Brothers, Radio's Greatest Sensation Crying

Yes it's historically inconsistent if there is a radio in every car. But if there are radio programs, I'm curious what they will sound like, and what the commercials will be like.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1340 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I don't get it: why couldn't they include any of Django's songs which were used in the original? Not even "Minor Swing"? Not that Ellington or the others on this list are bad, they're amazing, but... I kinda thought they'd bring at least some of those Django songs back, since I think he was the core of the original OST.
LeroyPeterson

3062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

ouch, gonna be a hungry game!

Soundtrack looks good. Thats a lot of Duke Ellington haha, but the more tracks the better in general I think.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

LeroyPeterson wrote:

ouch, gonna be a hungry game!

I wouldn't trust those system requirements tbth
I don't believe them to be legit for a start, for
example check on the recommended storage. Oops!

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
I don't get it: why couldn't they include any of Django's songs which were used in the original? Not even "Minor Swing"? Not that Ellington or the others on this list are bad, they're amazing, but... I kinda thought they'd bring at least some of those Django songs back, since I think he was the core of the original OST.

My guess, is that it is for the same reason the GOG or Steam version doesn't have any licenced soundtracks either: they cannot obtain it.
For some reason, music publishers can be absolutely horrible regarding this. If they smell money, a simple license for one song can run into tens of thousands of dollars, and that's often not even perpetual. So for game developers, it is an easy decision. They'll just license something else less expensive. The weird thing is, these licensing fees differ tremendously, even if the songs are from the same artist.

And I must say, a little plus side of this is that we get to know music we otherwise would've never known about. We all know the Django tracks in and out. Yet I've never heard of Duke Ellington or Cab Calloway. It's what I liked about M3's licensed soundtracks as well. Aside of the famous songs, there were quite a few underdog tunes which I absolutely loved. Beethoven Ben's Dance of the Hours to name one for example. I even bought the original record of it.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I've never heard of Duke Ellington

There was only one piece of music in the
original Mafia: City of Lost Heaven by
Duke Ellington and that was The Mooche
(Works Quarter) which was co written with
Irving Mills in 1928. It was performed by Duke
Ellington & His Orchestra.

Incidentally I have corrected this in the
article under The Music

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KuKuruzas

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

anyone thinks there'll be a version for macbook?
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

The final system requirements are revealed for the new mafia:
Quote:
Minimum
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8120 3.1 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
50 GB free space

Recommended
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 4.2 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX 5700
(I found this on a Hungarian tech website.) The game will be a bit hungry, if I can believe these. Cautious
I hope the game will run good enough on my PC... Sarcastic Do you think so?
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1340 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

Aside of the famous songs, there were quite a few underdog tunes which I absolutely loved.

I fully agree mate, I sometimes just launch WNBX on YouTube when I want to hear some of those cool tunes. As for what you said about licensing fees, yeah, they're just absurd. I remember I watched Mafia 3's trailer and heard Jimi on the radio playing "All Along The Watchtower" and was like hot damn can't wait to hear him in the game. And then I found out they only put him on the main menu until you click to start game. I suppose if they wanted to use it in the game as a radio track it would cost two fortunes. Greedy a** publishers. I wonder what Jimi would say...

Also, is it just me or are the minimum requirements very similar to Mafia 3? I managed to run that game okay on a Core 2 Extreme, I so hope I can play this too... Praying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: