FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaminsky

171 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Guys

Its official now !

https://www.gamestar.hu/hir/itt-vannak-a-mafia-remaster-elso-kepei-elkepesztoen-nez-ki-278728.html?fbclid=IwAR1sqVA5F6TMbLMwag6Q3LW03Yh2SocQyYTZ97SkIxlrnieT0UR2wKdEQ0c

Sorry the page is hungarian , but in the bottom of the page you can watch the Gallery !

After the new trailer , here it comes !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIMnrryFs8

Pictures : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUAl1q0tPmM
risan

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Oh my god... That is the best thing i've ever heared, now I'm super exicited.
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

I am so damn hyped... I initially thought only Mafia 2 and 3 would get an upscaled port in this upcoming remaster, but the whole trilogy?! I hope to God that they restore all the cut content in Mafia 2.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EX6UHXtX0AIjKBC?format=jpg&name=large

Here is a screenshot of the Mafia 1 remake in the new trilogy remaster. I cannot wait to see Tommy, Sam, and Paulie's new faces!!
Hunter

2349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Definitive my ass, I'll be the judge of that. I don't think so!

Anyway, there are some things that made Mafia the best. Like the driving model and the music, and the characters. So, whatever choices they make, they have to get this kind of thing right.

Even the atmosphere. Mafia was made to look real. In other words it's not all gray like The Godfather or all yellow like Human Revolution. If they decide to make it "gritty," that's an admission that the subject matter wasn't "gritty" enough to convey this alleged need for grittiness and they bowed to cheap graphics tricks. Because let's be honest, they way they make games these days - if they could do it better, wouldn't they?

Why not make Mafia II and III that way if they could? Well, either they are lacking in taste or for some other reason they choose not to.
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I'm surprised they are making it for Xbox One and PS4 instead of Xbox Series X and PS5 since the next gen consoles are right around corner, along with the fact that Mafia 3 was released for current gen.
It would be a godsend if this new trilogy remaster gets mod support.

Mafia Main theme recorded live by Filharmonie Brno Sept. 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bc28nNmO0

Maybe they'll use this in the remake...?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

661 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:

Anyway, there are some things that made Mafia the best. Like the driving model and the music, and the characters. So, whatever choices they make, they have to get this kind of thing right.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Definitive Edition but I'm wondering about that, too. Mafia 1 was (and still is) often criticized for its driving model so I don't really see them going that route again. Maybe they will provide an option to switch between arcade and simulation driving models like they did in Mafia 2? Thinking

Hunter wrote:

Even the atmosphere. Mafia was made to look real. In other words it's not all gray like The Godfather or all yellow like Human Revolution. If they decide to make it "gritty," that's an admission that the subject matter wasn't "gritty" enough to convey this alleged need for grittiness and they bowed to cheap graphics tricks. Because let's be honest, they way they make games these days - if they could do it better, wouldn't they?

Going by the screenshots I've seen so far I'd say they got the graphics part right.

Hunter wrote:

Why not make Mafia II and III that way if they could? Well, either they are lacking in taste or for some other reason they choose not to.

The Definitive Editions of Mafia 2 and 3 are most likely 'just' remasters with some brushed up models/graphics while Mafia 1 is a full remake.

AMadeMan wrote:

I'm surprised they are making it for Xbox One and PS4 instead of Xbox Series X and PS5 since the next gen consoles are right around corner, along with the fact that Mafia 3 was released for current gen.

I think releasing exclusively on next-gen is always tricky since it increases the barrier of entry and it's often questionable whether a title becomes a system seller or not. The next-gen consoles will most likely also feature backwards compatibility so there's that, too.

AMadeMan wrote:

It would be a godsend if this new trilogy remaster gets mod support.

Indeed but I wouldn't count on it. At all. Laughing
Melber

585 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Oops! Only 2K has such audacity to disfigure a perfect legend just for their own gain. So maybe I don't want to live to see this rape! Mad

"Life is just a game, Pterodon game"
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Looking at some of the screenshots, I think the Mafia remake is being made in a modified version of Mafia 3's illusion engine. The screenshot with the gang at Ralph's garage looks to show the grey-ish shader from Mafia 3.
serterazi

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

What I want from a mafia1 remake is to visit and interact with places and things I coulden't before.
like:
- visit racetrack whenever I want, to race.
- enter more buildings. even in countryside
- fly a fukken airplane.
- new missions in freeride extreme!
LeroyPeterson

3035 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

I'm excited but will remain skeptical.

The good:
- re-recorded music
- better sound effects
- better lighting *rumored to have ray tracing on reddit
- fixed time of day for missions *rumored on reddit
- better mod support

The bad:
- janky car controls/camera (things have got worse from Mafia 2 to 3 IMO)
- cover shooter (some may like this, I think cover systems are a way to hide shitty enemy AI and heavy scripting)
- Game engine is over 10 years old
- development (and therefore gameplay) most likely to be console focused

Important unknowns:
- whether it will retain original voice acting or a full czech cast like the original
- whether the story will be changed significantly
- will the mini map be covered in meaningless tasks like so many open world games now
- whether the development team will focus on showing a new audience Mafia 1 or if it is aimed at being true to the original and the older fans.

Another reason I'm skeptical is that Mafia 3 was a huge commercial success even though critically it was not very solid. They could be using that success to fund this passion project, or its a cheaper way to make a new game with more hype but retain lots of "features and elements" from Mafia 2/3.
Hunter

2349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:

Hunter wrote:

The Definitive Editions of Mafia 2 and 3 are most likely 'just' remasters with some brushed up models/graphics while Mafia 1 is a full remake.

I'm not referring to that. I said why wouldn't they have made those games in the manner of Mafia? Because they can't, or they won't. That's not how games are made anymore.

As for "remastering" them, I really don't know - they aren't that old to begin with, so I'm wondering what, besides making the games look the way they "should have" on release they could possibly do with them. It's not a virtue to remake things and co opt their names.

It's a really scandalous thing, to me, to take a creative work and then revise it for commercial gain, declaring that it creatively supercedes and makes obsolete and redundant the work which inspired the "definitive" version. What's definitive is the original. What's derivitave is the remake.

A merchant has no business declaring what is definitive. Now by all means, do a remake. If they can improve on the original by using better textures, better sounds, more cars (how about cars with real names Sarcastic ) and so forth, that would be great. What are the chances of that? I'm sorry for my cynicism, but I foresee a bloated, "gameplay updated" rendition with achivements, arcade style play, maybe even console centric, losing the beautiful interface IS once labored on.

I guess I'm just too conservative...

Melber wrote:
Oops! Only 2K has such audacity to disfigure a perfect legend just for their own gain. So maybe I don't want to live to see this rape! Mad

Well, one hopes it won't come to disfigurement, though that's probably inevitable because of the industry today.

What can one say? I thought the sequels were a sad effort to follow this game. No matter how "definitive" the publisher wants it to be, nothing touches the original game and I fear they will be quite different.
Mr Robville

255930 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

LeroyPeterson wrote:
I'm excited but will remain skeptical.

This.

If anything, Hangar13 showed they definitely have the know-how to make a good game, IF they have enough resources and funding to do it. And that is a big if.

Mafia 3 was very hit and miss. At times, graphics were absolutely stunning, and at other times I was wondering what on earth was happening on my monitor.

The storyline missions were pretty good I found, yet everything in between felt like a bigger chore than vacuuming a castle's attic.
But the story itself, it got me hooked, so if the same people are on that again, I don't fear too much about it.

I think I read/saw/heard somewhere that H13 was very well aware of M3's shortcomings. If I remembered that right, that would be a good sign. Change starts at acknowledgement.

Regardless of what the remaster is going to be, it will never affect the first game negatively. If they do it right, people might be curious to play the original. If they **** it up, people may still be tempted to play the original instead. So if they want to make a remaster, let them I'd say. Mafia 1 will always remain a masterpiece regardless.

For us hardcore fans, I wonder if they'll stick to the original story, or make a different one set in the same timeline. I can imagine they would steer clear from the original story because of the inevitable comparison it will have with the original. Also the teaser sounds more like Paulie than Tommy. And, the line he says about family doesn't make a lot of sense considering M1's story was about the "right man in the wrong place" who was forced to do the things he did.

So yeah, color me very excited. But I ain't gonna pre-order anything. I want to see some independent reviews first.

AMadeMan wrote:
I hope to God that they restore all the cut content in Mafia 2.

Just imagine you get to play all those missions they initially planned. I remember seeing a list once which listed about 10 missions in Sicily alone.

P.S. For my own personal sake, I secretly hope the remaster isn't easy to mod. Because no doubt someone will place the Titanic from the GTA V mods in there, which would erase the last bit of exposure my mod still gets. My lips are sealed

www.robville.net
addx_2015

719 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Finally some good news for this year, can.t wait for mafia I , i hope they keep the old things , like refueling, turning lights, pedestrians move away when you press the horn ,police reacting to speed, and red lights ....... Now i.m wonder , it will be same map,same characters ,same story ? Never thought this will ever happen ,,,, This is such a good news Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying

Hope will not be a disappointment like Mafia 3... Mad
LeroyPeterson

3035 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

For us hardcore fans, I wonder if they'll stick to the original story, or make a different one set in the same timeline. I can imagine they would steer clear from the original story because of the inevitable comparison it will have with the original. Also the teaser sounds more like Paulie than Tommy. And, the line he says about family doesn't make a lot of sense considering M1's story was about the "right man in the wrong place" who was forced to do the things he did.

You may be right about the teaser, but I hope not.
A remaster means recreating the original, doesnt it? Its the flavour right now: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Halo series... others I can't think of.
Meanwhile Final Fantasy 7 was a remake... basically new story in same world and timeline (I think). So hopefully its not that.

Just look at how burnt blizzard got from Warcraft 3 "Reforged". If the industry takes anything away from that, hopefully its: don't mess with the original too much or fans will pick it apart. And we probably will in Mafia's case Sticking out tongue

In an ideal world, any cosmetic/gameplay changes made should be an in-game option. Silly little things like speeding tickets and red lights for cop behavior. Markers on the map for optional missions. Car handling and speeds. Original graphics and new (obviously a lot harder to do, hence why Halo games are built on the same architecture/engine).
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Looking at the leaked Mafia 2 Definitive Edition trailer, you can actually notice for a split second that Vito has a different haircut (which was planned for the original game)! Another shot shows him wearing a trenchcoat but without the hat. Even though this could likely be because its meant only for the trailer, this leads me to believe that some cut content is getting restored. I don't believe actually cut missions will be restored though because they would likely refrain from reprogramming certain core parts of the game and would more or less stick with enhancing the textures/models.

Regarding the driving model, I hope they use the old Mafia 2 driving style. Mafia 3's was just awful because of how floaty and arcade-like it felt.

Mafia 3 on the other hand seems more like a "rerelease" to me rather than being a remaster with any changes. They could restore some cut content for it but I doubt such a thing would happen.

Mafia 1 Remake would have to at least have a form of realistic vehicle damage effects like the first two games, because of the mission Molotov Party where Tommy has to smash cars with a baseball bat until enough damage has been done.

If the file system for Mafia 1 remake will be anything like Mafia 2 and 3, this may allow the Mafia 2 toolkit to be compatible for modding.

Last edited by AMadeMan on Sun May 17, 2020 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: