FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Sectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zdenda55

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Sectors Reply with quote

Hello, How can I move sector? I know it must be position 0 and rotation 0 and scale 0. How do I move them?
Thanks for every reply.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Sectors Reply with quote

I wrote a CLI tool for that for GOLOD55 many years ago to help him merge mission interiors into his CityBars map. However it's far from user friendly and also requires you to toy around with a hex editor.

I think currently your best bet is to simply create the sector in the right spot from the get go.
zdenda55

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sectors Reply with quote

And how can I create right spot? I´m making models with Sketchup then I import them to Zmodeler and I do a sector. I place it on map but its on 0,0,0. It´s somewhere in Hoboken I think and I want o place it in Little Italy. I tried to move sector in zmodeler to position, but it´s so inaccurate and hard. Is there any way to do it easier? Thanks for every reply.
Revan31

85 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sectors Reply with quote

zdenda55 wrote:
And how can I create right spot? I´m making models with Sketchup then I import them to Zmodeler and I do a sector. I place it on map but its on 0,0,0. It´s somewhere in Hoboken I think and I want o place it in Little Italy. I tried to move sector in zmodeler to position, but it´s so inaccurate and hard. Is there any way to do it easier? Thanks for every reply.

Why don't you create a sector attached to the model? This technique was used in MadeMan modification made by Vapno92.
There is also a tutorial how to create a sector on djbozkosz web side.
Once you do that, I think you have to make some movevement with the sector inside MWE.
This will cause displaying a sector inside DCED.
ASM.

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sectors Reply with quote

zdenda55 wrote:

I take it you use boz' 4ds Manager to create the sectors? If I understand the process correctly, it creates sectors by converting regular mesh objects. What I mean is to put the source mesh object to the desired worldspace location (in ZModeler for example) before performing the actual conversion.
zdenda55

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sectors Reply with quote

Ok thank you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: