FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Clear mission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addx_2015

715 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

After I added few objects in the "clean mission" I wanted to play but nothing happened. Player or camera not moving at all. What I did wrong? I've used MWE4.0 to add objects and floor .
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

555 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

Just for the record, does your setup feature any visual reference points to recognize motion? If you just use a huge solid-colored plane mesh for the ground for example and put the player somewhere in the middle of it, it might appear like the player is stuck as there're no reference points to determine the current position on the map.
addx_2015

715 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

I have a few buildings next to me and in front of me .... the camera is not moving at all ,left or right , nothing
ASM.

555 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

Hm ok, that's weird then. Do you mind posting/PMing the mission here so we/I can have a look?
ASM.

555 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

I installed the mission you sent me as freeitaly and it works fine this way. If you want to use a non-freeride entrypoint (like tutorial for example), you need to add a player actor to the mission.
addx_2015

715 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

You're right , works at me as well in Little Italy. I had it placed in tutorial . Thank you. And how should I do if I want to use a non-freeride entry point, ,, I've inserted an actor with bsv6 (Tommy.i3d) , but didn't worked. Should I use other program?
ASM.

555 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

From what I can tell BSV6 doesn't support creating player actors from scratch but DC||ED does.

You need to add a model frame to the scene first (you can use MWE for that). Open the scene2.bin in DC||ED, hit Edit->Add Object and select Object Definitions->Player. Specify the name of the model frame you created earlier as name for the new object definition (actor) and hit OK. Double click on the newly created actor in the object list and edit the properties as you see fit. You'll specifically want to set Speed to something greater than 0 as otherwise you won't be able to move ingame.
addx_2015

715 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Clear mission Reply with quote

Ok , got it . Now it works. Thank you for tutorial. Thumbs up (left)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: