FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

using modified models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldperson69

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

why is it that I can modify a car model in zmodeler and it works in freereide but when I use it in story missions it crashes the game? please help... I'm stumped.. and also new to this.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

489 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

That's hard to say without knowing what exactly was changed. Thinking
goldperson69

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

i used a model from the rcf mod. i removed the trunk from the falconer. i found out later some cars work some cars don't in story missions. it was just small little modifications like that. nothing that i think would cause a crash.
ASM.

489 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

Removing parts from car models is somewhat fragile I'd say as mission scripts might query and use them for the mission logic.
newto

88 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

How did you remove the trunk from the falconer? I would like to make the trunks usable for storage, have the lid open up and be able to stick weapons inside, as well as other items. Is this possible?
AsaSK

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: using modified models Reply with quote

newto wrote:
How did you remove the trunk from the falconer? I would like to make the trunks usable for storage, have the lid open up and be able to stick weapons inside, as well as other items. Is this possible?

Removing the trunk is the easy part. Unfortunately, fundamentally altering the driving mechanics so that items can be put inside is virtually impossible for those except the likes of Djbozkosz & GOLOD55, etc. It's potentially possible to script the weapons menu to open up when the trunk is clicked on, but physical item/weapon models would have to be 'attached' to the vehicle via some kind of frm_linkto/actorupdateplacement script - which I doubt the engine would tolerate.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
newto

88 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

wonderful answer. Better yet your answer tells me that this would be advanced for modding and that i will just have to dream about it happening just like many other things lol. thanks for reply
flovivi

303 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

It is possible to apply a rotation to objects(like opening the trunk) and it is also possible to set the car as a parent for 3D objects like guns, so that the gun will move with the car. However, it is not an easy task. But if you read through the modding tutorials and other documentation, try out some stuff, it will be a doable task.

You also could add tommy-guns or other big guns, use the “****” function (makes it possible to carry them, like a box) that can be carried and put onto trucks, or other cars (the positions for the boxes would have to be added as dummies to the car model)

If you find modding to be your passion then you should stick to it, and as the weeks and months go by you will improve and get better. Everyone starts small.
newto

88 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

thank you for the answer flovivi, i love to read the different tutorials and learn how to mod, however i need to find new tutorials preferably in english. I can translate with google but the translation isn't always clear.
AsaSK

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: using modified models Reply with quote

Feel free to ask, I'm sure we won't mind answering a few questions Wink

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: