FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Buildings project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
addx_2015

147 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

Hello to all Mafia 1 modders. Today I want to present to you a project i work on . The project is about the buildings in Mafia 1 , that are kind of boring because they are 3d projection on 2d faces and this make the city feel empty, at least for me . So a few days ago I started to work at a building to make it full 3d ,with interior in the stores, with few new texture. The building will be free to use in your mods or whatever you want . The only condition is to add credit to me as well. The first building is still work in progress, but here you have some pictures.
Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by addx_2015 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277792 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

*Corrected image [img][/img] links*

These look good addx_2015, looking forward
to further progress of this project.

AMadeMan

437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

These look great! Good luck man. Mafia's buildings indeed need an HD makeover. Once the buildings are remade, it'll complete the HD look of the game when combined with other mods!
addx_2015

147 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

Ok, so there is a problem with my building, when i put it in game with MWE and I apply face collisions , when i start the game, the texture begins to flickering. I believe is doing that because there are too many face collisions ? Any ideas ?

New pictures:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/22aczkv3td48too/1.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zk8yxf4y6xof46i/2.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9cj7cctusf5sc63/3.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/79q6zxjb2lbdr6h/4.jpg/file

The building i started from :
http://www.mediafire.com/view/42a831k0b1e2rb1/00.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ioc3bgg943x92xx/01.jpg/file
addx_2015

147 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

And there you have it Smile Hope you enjoy .
Modelled in Cinema4D , Textured in Zmodeler v1.07b

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hxx1dsb0tyz75w9/%25231.rar/file
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

477 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Buildings project Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:

These look great!

Definitely agreed.

I think the fascade texture could be spiced up somewhat, though. The texture of the original model for example shows some wear and dirt which makes the overall appearance less sterile.

addx_2015 wrote:
Ok, so there is a problem with my building, when i put it in game with MWE and I apply face collisions , when i start the game, the texture begins to flickering. I believe is doing that because there are too many face collisions ? Any ideas ?

That's a known issue with face collision data. GOLOD55 faced a similar problem back in the day when he added the motel interior from mise04-motorest to the CityBars map. The flickering is not apparent in mise04-motorest, though because IS relocated the motel to the world origin in that mission. I'd expect the same to happen in your case if you relocated the instance accordingly.

I'd argue that using face collisions for the entire model is kinda overkill, though. Instead it should do to create a simple collision box for the upper part of the building and only use face collisions for the shop interior. This should also fix the flickering as only the upper part appears to be affected by that issue. Thinking
newto

86 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

fabulous modeling. look forward to more.
AMadeMan

437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

This truly has great amounts of potential. If only we could do every building in Mafia despite both technical and work limitations. The buildings themselves were pretty much the least remade/redone part of Mafia, where all other attempts were mostly vehicles, textures, and just recently we started doing character models.
Hunter

2235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Buildings project Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
The buildings themselves...

They're awful. It is the least realistic part of the game too, just a blurry copy paste city using textures from abandoned buildings.
muslicornflakes

11 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

Holy shit, this is amazing! Can you tell me what building this replaces in the game, what 3ds file should I replace and where on the map is it? You MUST do more of these Sticking out tongue
Revan31

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

I was also working on some buildings 1 year ago. Its really time consuming.
My aim was to stick with the orginal models as most as I could...

Works Quarter fence near factory with Bolt Truck

Houses between Little Italy and Works Quarter

And finally, Hoboken Block of buildings near that steep road to Oak Hill.
Bottoms of the buildings was changed cause the same textures on the four buildings in a row was little bit wierd.

newto

86 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

fabulous modelling. Does anyone want to provide a tutorial on how to do it and make it look so nice.
AMadeMan

437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Buildings project Reply with quote

Awesome models man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: