FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Changing camera distance, some missions not changing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TizerisT

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Changing camera distance, some missions not changing Reply with quote

Hi, I've just been using BScriptViewto go through the missions and change the camera distance in each scene2.bin by inputting the text camera_setfov 86.07 at the bottom of each notepad thing on the right hand side, but most of the missions have not changed. For example I have 3 scene2.bins in three folders for mission 19, but in-game only one of the chapters has correctly been modified, out of about 7 chapters for that mission.
Am I missing something?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

419 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Changing camera distance, some missions not changing Reply with quote

Your post reads like you added the camera_setfov 86.07 command to every script in each of the missions. While this might work, this is generally not the way to go; you should add a custom script object to the missions instead. However I'm not sure whether this works properly when you return to a mission, though (like what happens after Reconnaissance where you return from mise19-banka to mise19-mesto) as I could imagine that the savegames that are created along the way mark your script as 'done'. Thinking

If you just want to play the mission with higher FOV, you could use Mafia Patcher in conjunction with a script that changes the FOV. See the ThunderboltCheatReplacementScriptPath option in Patcher.cfg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: