FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TizerisT

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

Hi, I've decided to try and replace the loading screens, however, despite the image seemingly has been modified, it's not showing up in game.

I downloaded another loading replacement screen mod, and in File Viewer Plus, I converted one file to a .jpg. I edited it in paint, saved, and then converted it back to .tga. In FVP it shows my edited image, but when I insert it into the maps folder, it still shows the image from the mod in game, as if I had never changed anything.

Anyone got any ideas? Any help appreciated, thanks.
mammix

966 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

I was using gimp to save file as .tga. When you save, there is some option (I think about conversion) and you either have to click it, or not (I actually do not remember). Even though the file is .tga, it will not be loaded by Mafia when you use the wrong option.
Your problem may be along these lines.
urza

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

I converted them using ACDSee and never had any problems. Maybe the problem is in wrong name? I used Sysinternals Process Monitor, when i couldn't understand what is wrong. For example, i used it to find out what files Mafia tries to load when i tried to add thumbs for Duelist racing tracks.
TizerisT

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

ok thanks, what mammix said regarding Gimp has allowed me to export it, however theres another problem. I'm trying to make a simple black loading screen, and in Gimp it shows that the background and foreground are both black, but in game it just shows up white...?

edit: or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the two little windows on the left mean. It says they represent background and foreground colour, but when I change them to red and green, the main window still shows black. Is there no way to upload a pic in this thread?

edit2: ok, a little progress. I took one of my black loading screens that I made for Fallout New Vegas (.dds) and converted it to .tga. That made 2/3 of the loading screen black. Now only the part that shows the buildings is still white. There's obviously another layer / channel that I can't seem to access.
urza

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

Use imgur.com for uploading pictures. Then just post a link here.

Loading screen is made from 3 separate pictures. I don't remember their names. Right picture is a square, left-top is long vertical rectangular and left-bottom is small horizontal rectangular.
TizerisT

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Trying to replace Mafia 1 loading screens Reply with quote

Ok. Here it is:
https://imgur.com/AX6MFg8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: