FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

UDD camera distance changes - why?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

2229 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: UDD camera distance changes - why? Reply with quote

UDD, "Ultimate Draw Distance" by zibob32 and GOLOD55 patches cache.bin for every mission (the same way presumably) and gives you instructions for editing your scene2.bin files to give yourself "Ultimate Draw Distance."

Mugshot made a pack of these scene2.bins so you didn't have to do all this yourself. I wondered why the UDD guys didn't just do that; maybe file size or legal issues?

My point is, the camera changes when you install this. At first I thought Muggy did something with the camera. I investigated, and, no, he did not. Here it is.

This is the default camera all the way zoomed out. Note the fog at the end of the street; this is the default scene2.bin. Note also how much you can see to the right of the building on the right side of the screen.

This is the exact same scene zoomed out, with the UDD modifications. Now clearly the camera is wayyyy off.

I don't understand why this happens and how to stop it. Simply applying the cache.bin patch does NOT do this. The scene will be identical to stock. The only other changes are draw distance (from 266 to 1000) and clipping distance (from 2000 to 1500).

And no, simply changing the draw distance and clipping distance and leaving cache.bin out doesn't do it either. (That increases the view distance but leaves the infamous unrendered buildings in view, brown squares on the map, et cetera).

In Mugshot's scene2.bins, the camera distance is changed from 1.22173 to I think 1.6, but leaving the camera at 1.22173 did not prevent the camera from moving around as it did.

I was curious to see if the widescreen patch would do this, but it won't load on my computer. Impossible
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

13714 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: UDD camera distance changes - why? Reply with quote

Looks like it might be to do with what looks like the Widescreen Fix you have installed?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Hunter

2229 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: UDD camera distance changes - why? Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Looks like it might be to do with what looks like the Widescreen Fix you have installed?

Impossible

Hunter wrote:
I was curious to see if the widescreen patch would do this, but it won't load on my computer. Impossible
ASM.

463 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: UDD camera distance changes - why? Reply with quote

That 1.22173 is actually the camera field of view and I'd attribute your camera issues to that setting. 1.22173 is about 70 while 1.6 is a little over 90. Resetting the value back to 1.22173 should give you the vanilla FOV settings back.
Hunter

2229 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: UDD camera distance changes - why? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
That 1.22173 is actually the camera field of view and I'd attribute your camera issues to that setting. 1.22173 is about 70 while 1.6 is a little over 90. Resetting the value back to 1.22173 should give you the vanilla FOV settings back.

Huh...it worked! I don't see how that happened. I'm positive that was the first thing I tried, and nothing happened. I extracted the default scene2.bin, and did that exact thing and I got the same results.

So, either I mixed up my files Cautious or DC||ED did one of its many various screwups.

Thanks ASM, you're the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: