FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Daylight Robbery
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 756
Location: London, England
13725 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

So my PC is in for repairs and I'm unable to work on other Mafia projects for a few weeks. Yesterday I had a few hours to myself and thought it might be fun to remake The Villa from Visiting Rich People, converting it to daytime. It's not perfect and there may be a bug here and there, but it feels rather different and is worth checking out




_________________

The official Mafioso Mod thread

Last edited by AsaSK on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T3mas1

Member
Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2015
Posts: 161
Location: Czech Republic
367 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

404 Not Found :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 756
Location: London, England
13725 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant available in the Downloads section soon Smile
_________________

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder


Joined: 10 Jan 2014
Posts: 225

477 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

Nifty!

I also created a daylight variant of the mission for a freeroam mod back in the day. I'd probably have to do some digging to find it again, though. Thinking

Do you plan to continue working on it at some point? At the moment the exterior lighting is very diffuse, like on an overcast/rainy day. I could imagine that a sunny setup with a few shadows would look really nice. As for the interiors I think it would be cool if there was daylight flooding in from the windows with the sun light creating bright spots and shadows (cast from the window frames) on the floor/walls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AMadeMan

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 335
Location: United States
437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

It would be cool to play that mission in first-person to make even more intense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 345

2235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

That makes it look even more like a Hitman mission. Add a skin and a weapon or two and the illusion is complete Sticking out tongue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 756
Location: London, England
13725 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Nifty!

I also created a daylight variant of the mission for a freeroam mod back in the day. I'd probably have to do some digging to find it again, though. Thinking

Do you plan to continue working on it at some point? At the moment the exterior lighting is very diffuse, like on an overcast/rainy day. I could imagine that a sunny setup with a few shadows would look really nice. As for the interiors I think it would be cool if there was daylight flooding in from the windows with the sun light creating bright spots and shadows (cast from the window frames) on the floor/walls.


Smile

AMadeMan wrote:
It would be cool to play that mission in first-person to make even more intense.


If only, one of the first things I tried to do when I learned to script was move the camera relative to the player Thinking

Hunter wrote:
That makes it look even more like a Hitman mission. Add a skin and a weapon or two and the illusion is complete Sticking out tongue




Say no more Sticking out tongue
_________________

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AMadeMan

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 335
Location: United States
437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

This mission did present some hitman vibes. Good job on the conversion! Regarding this mission as a whole, I didn't know until recently that you could interact with the electric panel at the left of the spawn on the other side of the hedge to turn off the lights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 345

2235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
This mission did present some hitman vibes. Good job on the conversion! Regarding this mission as a whole, I didn't know until recently that you could interact with the electric panel at the left of the spawn on the other side of the hedge to turn off the lights.


Fun fact:

...which you probably now know

When you do that, it attracts a specific guy (might be the guy on the terrace, don't remember) who turns the lights on again.

Other fun fact:

You can use the key, but don't do that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AMadeMan

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 335
Location: United States
437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

It was the guy talking with the second dude who comes to turn the lights back on.

What happens if I use the key....? Cool shades
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 345

2235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
It was the guy talking with the second dude who comes to turn the lights back on.

What happens if I use the key....? Cool shades


That's wrong. I would know if there was a way to separate those two.

To verify that, I tested and it is the guy on the terrace. If you knock him out and turn the lights off, they will stay off.

If you leave the body of the first guy near the light switch visible, it will alarm the guy who comes to turn on the lights and interrupt his routine, but the lights will still come on.

If you use the key, you are giving yourself many chances to fail. I think the open door might alarm the guard behind the house. You either have to dodge the maid or find her, because you come in on the other side of the house. You also need to get to the safe, which is not safe to do through the foyer. So you end up going the back route anyway. For these reasons, I almost never use that entrance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AMadeMan

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 335
Location: United States
437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up, I knew it was one of them.

I always went from the pool side entrance and took out the maid as soon as she appears in the dining room after waiting in the bathroom on the left.

You gotta take her out quickly before she finishes her quote, "Guards! There's a burglar here!" If not the guards will hunt you down and overwhelm you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 345

2235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, I knew it was one of them.

I always went from the pool side entrance and took out the maid as soon as she appears in the dining room after waiting in the bathroom on the left.

You gotta take her out quickly before she finishes her quote, "Guards! There's a burglar here!" If not the guards will hunt you down and overwhelm you.


Pfft, that's sloppy. Sticking out tongue

I checked (never really cared before) and the maid just goes in a circle. Dining room, pantry, hallway, study, foyer, back to dining room.

So, IMO you could easily get her from behind without triggering any shouting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AMadeMan

Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 335
Location: United States
437 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

I guess I always liked to do it the hard way. I always try to kill most of the guards before going inside the house from the pool. After a try or two, I could do it very easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 756
Location: London, England
13725 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Daylight Robbery Reply with quote

Actually it was only while I was making this that I discovered that the first guard drops the side door key if you follow him around for long enough. I must have been the last person on Earth to realise Laughing
_________________

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Generation Time: 1.371 | Queries: 18