FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Exporting Character Models + Animations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wirmaple7321

22 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Exporting Character Models + Animations Reply with quote

Hi. I Want the Character Models and Anims.
When i Wanna Export them from 4DS to 3DS in ZModeler 1.07b,
The ZModeler seems to don't Load the Character Models. Plus, How Can i Export anim Files, 5DS Files?
ZModeler Imports nothing and i don't know wut to do...
Any ideas? Thinking

Trust in god
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

403 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Exporting Character Models + Animations Reply with quote

Zmodeler's 4ds filter only supports a small subset of the 4ds format. For character models you'll probably want to use Mr. F's 4ds importer v3 for 3D Studio Max.

As far as 5ds files are concerned I'm not aware of any tools/importers for this format, sorry. Sad
Wirmaple7321

22 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Exporting Character Models + Animations Reply with quote

What? Zmodeler don't Supports extracting Character Models?!
Oh no, 3DS Max is so heavy for my pc. I'm just so Lazy to Install it.
Any other ways?

Trust in god
ASM.

403 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Exporting Character Models + Animations Reply with quote

Wirmaple7321 wrote:
What? Zmodeler don't Supports extracting Character Models?!

Nope. The filter only supports mesh objects and dummies which is sufficient for car models (which I guess is what Oleg was shooting for when he wrote the plugin in 2002) and a bunch of other 'simple' models like buildings. Character models on the other hand use singlemeshes/singlemorphs, joints and targets. From what I remember the filter simply stops reading as soon as it encounters an unrecognized frame type.

Singlemesh and singlemorph are an extension of the regular mesh object type so the filter could probably be modified to at least read the mesh part before giving up. However this way you'd lose the rigging information which is probably not what you want.

Wirmaple7321 wrote:

Oh no, 3DS Max is so heavy for my pc. I'm just so Lazy to Install it.
Any other ways?

There's also a 4ds plugin for Blender around (written by zibob32) but I'm not sure whether it supports character models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: