FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Prequel to Mafia CoLH?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would a prequel be good
Yes
100%
 100%  [9]
No
0%
 0%  [0]
I have never even played Mafia CoLH I voted coz I woz bawd.
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 9

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Title hopefully says it all, that is should there be
(wishful thinking) a prequel to Mafia the first game
e.g. how Salieri and Morello worked together under
Don Peppone's regime; their missions under Peppone
and how in 1920 they caused the death of Peppone
because of a deal that went wrong.

*Probably 'll never happen but it'd be good to
have Vavra in the hot seat for this*

Discuss!

Last edited by Muggy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

It would be the perfect opportunity to see even older vehicles and environments. A mission with Bonnie and Clyde as well as some missions on early ocean liners such as the RMS Olympic would be incredible and so fitting.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
It would be the perfect opportunity to see even older vehicles and environments. A mission with Bonnie and Clyde as well as some missions on early ocean liners such as the RMS Olympic would be incredible and so fitting.

The only problem AMadeMan is that Bonnie and Clyde's first meeting
was circa 1930 which according to Mafia CoLH is two years after
the first mission and Peppone had already been killed before this
ten years previous. We have to keep in mind this is a prequel to
the first game and has nothing to do with any historic characters, Wink

Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

I wanted them to do this, because IMO the "classical age" of the mafia in our country was ending by the 1940s to less overt forms of crime, like unions and drugs. Plus I like old cars and architecture.

Instead we got Mafia II. Cautious
mammix

2603 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Well, you have my mod which is a prequel of Mafia... Wink The things you mention are directly answered in it (or will be, as I'm working on its 3rd part).
But yes, I lack the skills to reconstruct the city, add cars (I'm working on changing guns, though). It would be great to do a game in the past, times of
"Gangs of New York", or to recreate the Castellammarese War. I could understand the setting of Mafia II (especially considering killing Tommy), but
Mafia III should be going back to the roots... Oh, well.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Interesting as they are can we keep away from mods please.
This thread is created in the Mafia 1 Game forum which is
about "the game" and the discussion is "Should there be
a prequel (with characters; obviously younger) to the
first game." An example which I already alluded to was
how Salieri and Morello used to work together under
Don Peppone. Also how Salieri and Frank became
friends...
Quote:
"More than twenty years I have known Frank!"

The prequel would begin circa 1914/15 - yes I know
WWI was occurring at this time (perhaps a small
reference to this i.e. a token mention)
and end
where Mafia CoLH starts or just before.

An idea just popped in my aging noggin' the prequel
would be in the form of memories from Salieri. For
example where in the mission Omerta, he says
Quote:
"Goddamit Frank, what have you done? You were a brother
to me!"
we could start the prequel at the end of that scene
with the quote (fade to) Salieri reminiscing.

just aside: Voice characterising may be a problem
in that some actors from the first game are no
longer with us.

Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:

just aside: Voice characterising may be a problem
in that some actors from the first game are no
longer with us.

Not that much. They would sound a little different 20 years earlier. If they pick the right voice actors, it can work.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Not that much. They would sound a little different 20 years earlier. If they pick the right voice actors, it can work.

I didn't think of that, a very good point

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Hunter wrote:

I didn't think of that, a very good point

Indeed again it would be interesting how Salieri;
Frank; Vincenzo; (not so sure if Luigi was part
of Peppone's regime) and of course Morello Sr
looked in their younger adult years at that time
(probably late 20s; mid to late 30s).

Clothing of course would have been different to
what is seen in Mafia CoLH obviously but
fashion changed quite quickly - should this
also be reflected?

Vehicles too, there were some automobiles but
also horse-drawn carriages as well; including
street cars. Now this would be good to be able
to drive these.

*Let's keep this convo going*

AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

I'd love to see the original Model T Ford in all its would-be legendary glory. Starting a vehicle though should be more difficult to match with the times, such as using the front crank to start the engine instead of a key start up that later models went with.

Given that the Titanic Mod uses a lot of stuff such as weapons, outfits, music, and vehicles from 1910s-1920s era, it could give us a good idea of how it can work.
Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

As I understand, there were still industrial horse drawn wagons used in New York until the mid 40s. But the majority was already motorized between 1910-1915.

Not sure how that fits into the game besides set dressing. Maybe you can get stuck behind them in traffic at walking speed Laughing

Actually, one of the reasons they lasted so long in New York is the traffic was slow and crowded anyway.
AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

It could set up as a reintroduction trilogy excluding Mafia 3. The prequel, with Mafia 1, and Mafia 2, both remade from the ground up.

The prequel, Mafia Chapter Salieri starts with Salieri much younger working with Morello as best friends who'd always help each other out.

At childhood, the two played together everyday at school, as growing teenagers, they took small time odd jobs together to make money.

As young adults after going down the path of organized crime, they were accepted into Peppone family.

Morello becomes greedy as time goes on, thinking Peppone is ripping the two off of pay while believing he could run the family better. Morello kicks up a deal with some Triads and gets Peppone involved. This deal however was that Morello beforehand payed the Triads to kill Peppone, unknown to Salieri.

Morello betrays them both while taking over much of the Peppone family. Peppone is dead, and Salieri is heartbroken. Fuel by anger and despair, Salieri recruits those whom stayed loyal to Peppone and knew about the deal as part of the new Salieri family.

The final cutscene goes to the present day with Salieri in his office. He walks out, Luigi offers him a drink, noticing his sadness. Salieri politely turns down the offer. He sits down at a table with some of his men, wondering if he is alright. Suddenly the doors burst open. A stranger in a taxi uniform says that men who work for Morello are after him. The two men enter, but are shot before they even said a word. Salieri and the others sit down in his office, wondering if Morello plans to make a move on them. He introduces the stranger to the other men. Paulie, Sam, Luigi, and his right hand man Frank. Salieri asks the stranger.

"What do they call you son?"

The stranger replies, "Thomas Angelo."

To be continued in Mafia City of Lost Heaven

What do you think? Very happy
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
It could set up as a reintroduction trilogy excluding Mafia 3. The prequel, with Mafia 1, and Mafia 2, both remade from the ground up.

The prequel, Mafia Chapter Salieri starts with Salieri much younger working with Morello as best friends who'd always help each other out.

At childhood, the two played together everyday at school, as growing teenagers, they took small time odd jobs together to make money.

As young adults after going down the path of organized crime, they were accepted into Peppone family.

Morello becomes greedy as time goes on, thinking Peppone is ripping the two off of pay while believing he could run the family better. Morello kicks up a deal with some Triads and gets Peppone involved. This deal however was that Morello beforehand payed the Triads to kill Peppone, unknown to Salieri.

Morello betrays them both while taking over much of the Peppone family. Peppone is dead, and Salieri is heartbroken. Fueled by anger and despair, Salieri recruits those whom stayed loyal to Peppone and knew about the deal as part of the new Salieri family.

The final cutscene goes to the present day with Salieri in his office. He walks out, Luigi offers him a drink, noticing his sadness. Salieri politely turns down the offer. He sits down at a table with some of his men, wondering if he is alright. Suddenly the doors burst open. A stranger in a taxi uniform says that men who work for Morello are after him. The two men enter, but are shot before they even said a word. Salieri and the others sit down in his office, wondering if Morello plans to make a move on them. He introduces the stranger to the other men. Paulie, Sam, Luigi, and his right hand man Frank. Salieri asks the stranger.

"What do they call you son?"

The stranger replies, "Thomas Angelo."

To be continued in Mafia City of Lost Heaven

What do you think? Very happy

Blimey! That's pretty damn good AMM; "Yeah (to coin Paulie) I like it!".
I like the idea of going back to when Salieri and Morello Sr first became
friends as young boys; wouldn't however want to concentrate too much
in gameplay with this but perhaps flashbacks including when they became
teenagers up to the point of joining Don Peppone's Regime - from this
point the game actually starts.

The idea of the deal being made with the Triads sounds pretty plausible and
how before this Morello started turning against his old friend.

(aside this clearly is shown in the pain Salieri goes through even in the
cutscene of the first mission of Mafia CoLH "I'm more concerned about
what Morello's problem is ...does he really want to start a war?"
)

I have always thought that indeed Mafia CoLH is a very well written story driven
game, but when you see the Mezzo's and Salieri's final words in each pre mission
"at Salieri's bar" cutscenes, that there was a lot more history (fictional of course)
behind the scenes.

Indeed my thoughts behind this prequel is to fill in those historical moments
in greater detail.

*Kudos for your ideas AMM* Applause

AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

Thank you very much Muggy! I'm glad you like it!

And yes, it does feel very ambiguous at times when Salieri talks about Morello implying that there is more history.

This prequel could also show a more emotional side to Salieri since he at times shows a possible pain from losing Morello as a friend and Don Peppone as a boss.

I threw in the Triads since I figured it would a cool foreshadow to Mafia 2.
flovivi

295 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Prequel to Mafia CoLH? Reply with quote

That would be amazing. The only thing this game now is missing is nowadays' graphics (anthough it had amazing graphics for it's time). Because the story and the gameplay is fantastic.

Look at this master piece I have found while googleing some random pictures of Mafia:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NdaJg

Just beautiful.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: