FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Did 2K Czech buy 3D Assets for Mafia2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flovivi

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Did 2K Czech buy 3D Assets for Mafia2? Reply with quote

Hello all, long time no see Wink

I just was looking around in the internet to look for some 3d models of old appartment buildings for my unity game/project.

Then I came across these:
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/ready-apartment-building-block-model-1197323

The left lower facade looks EXACTLY like one that can be found (a lot) in the game Mafia 2.

If you take a look to the products that he sells, you can find several more buildings/textures from the game.
(Here are all the models that he is selling: https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models?include_artist=MuildBuild )

Now I wonder, either he illegally took these from the game and is trying to earn money with them, or he created them and 2K Czech just bought those assets. (most of those assets were published in 2017, years after Mafia 2 was released)

I just thought I could share that with you guys. Maybe some of you know who to contact regarding copy-right infringement.

Best regards
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Did 2K Czech buy 3D Assets for Mafia2? Reply with quote

Third possibility: The developer sold or licensed them.
flovivi

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Did 2K Czech buy 3D Assets for Mafia2? Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Third possibility: The developer sold or licensed them.

hmm... that could be possible too, since developers usually don't reuse their assets, even if they are very nice. Mafia 1 has some amazing sound-assets (gun sounds, vehicle sounds, city noise,...) and it's a shame they are not/can not be reused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: