FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Altering Pedestrians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooperK

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Altering Pedestrians Reply with quote

In DC/ED I changed the models of the street police and the street gangsters. In game, I can see the changes applied as the models changed, but it seems something has altered their script as they will not attack and run when you fire shots at them. In the DC/ED all I did was change their model names so I am not sure why their behavior has changed, any help would be great. Thanks.
Hunter

2185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Altering Pedestrians Reply with quote

How about if you copy the different model but use the old names?
SooperK

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Altering Pedestrians Reply with quote

Doing this in DC/ED is the only way I know how to access it. Through Bscript when I load the scene2.bin file, no changeable script comes up. In the DC/ED I am at the Pedestrian Setup, and changing the pedestrians is no problem as only their model is changing, but changing the gangsters and the police to a different model makes them act like regular pedestrians. I changed them back to their original models and they went back to shooting and being aggressive when provoked. So maybe there is something in the scripting that is reading only that particular model (FREEgang01 [gangster] and pol01 [street police])? Maybe I need to change the model somewhere else besides the Pedestrian Setup, but I have no idea where I should look.
flovivi

297 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Altering Pedestrians Reply with quote

It would be interesting to find out where the developers put the code that is responsible for what guns the police or the street gangsters are carrying, or the civilians you drag out of a car (sometimes they are armed with a colt detective special or a baseball bat). Also a script that controls their behavior. It would be much more realistic if civilians run away once you pull your gun (there is a behavior that is exactly like this).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: