FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyOwens

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, does anyone know what is the default Tommy character's name in the script in mise06-autodrom (aka Racing circuit)?

I tried to reference the player in the script as "Tommy" or "TommyRACER" but it doesn't seem to affect him Sad
SooperK

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script Reply with quote

I pulled up the models for all the characters in the game and found 3 of Tommy in the racing outfit. Try TommyRACER.4ds TommyRACER2.4ds or TommyGUN.4ds (TommyGUN and TommyRACER seem to be the same model, but TommyRACER2 is the one I believe from the actual cut scene with his goggles up and dust on his face and chest.) In the script, instead of .4ds you will have to type .i3d when inserting the model. Hope this helps! Cool shades
brokenneedlecaa76

384 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script Reply with quote

BillyOwens

just wondering what you might be doing with the tommy model in the race? improvements to his suit, changes to the cutscene etc? It is always wonderful to hear of interest in the racing
BillyOwens

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script Reply with quote

I've been working on a 1 HP Campaign playthrough challenge mod (not an official name), it basically means you have to complete the game without anything/anyone hitting you, it's real tough, but I've made it through till the end so its not impossible. I'm just having real difficulty setting Tommy''s health to 1 in the Fairplay- Before the Race segment. After the cutscene it always jumps to 100.

This is the last issue, then it should be done. I will come back to this in a few weeks and try to resolve it and release the mod (hopefully), so you guys can try it out as well (for the hardcore fans mostly)

I've tried the "Tommy", "TommyRACER", "TommyRACER2"... but it didn't work. I assume they always name the character in the script after the model, so I might try "TommyGUN"... However, the Racing Part works differently than Free Ride or the missions, ... that's why Tommy isn't referenced anywhere in the script, but rather spawned from someplace else than scene2.bin.

Thank you guys for the replies!
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

383 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Racing mission - Tommy's character in the script Reply with quote

Try racing_player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: