FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

DCED Enemy delete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lub123

11 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

Please help. when i save enemy script and quit , the enemy script will delete please help!
T3mas1

316 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

That doesn't make sense. Just tell me what exactly happens. You haven't said much. If the script stops working after a loading, then the script is too simple and should be expanded.
flovivi

289 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

DCED is very buggy. Sometimes, after saving and reopening I find out that some of my scripts name have weird characters and are empty. Or they just disappear (i guess that's what you meant) It happens quite randomly though. Klicking twice at "save" crashes the program and makes the file corrupt. (At least for me)

I would suggest you play around for a while until you find out all the things that you should avoid. And always make a backup before opening a file.

Maybe someone over here knows more about this tool and it's no-gos.

lub123

11 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

And You don't know how to fix this bugs? btw. the enemy script only delete and sorry for my language
mammix

94 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

From my experience, double-saving in DC|ED always crashes the file. It's quite a buggy program and it doesn't seem as a lot can be done with that.
I suggest you switch to using bscriptview and using DC|ED only when necessary.
Hunter

2175 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: DCED Enemy delete Reply with quote

flovivi wrote:

Maybe someone over here knows more about this tool and it's no-gos.

It's basically an alpha level program. To use it, you need to test small changes frequently. So for instance, you want to change 100 things. Well, do it in small sections. 10 changes each. Change 10 things, quit DC||ED, test the file. If it works as expected, make a backup copy of your 10 change file and goto 20 with the other copy.

Now as mentioned sometimes it will corrupt the file. You know this because you tested it and it failed. That's what the backup is for. Goto 20 again! That's why you don't do all 100 changes you want, so you don't have to spend hours doing it when DC||ED corrupts your work.

Pain in the ass. Don't ask how I know this Oops!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: