FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

load screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

384 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

does anyone have any experience with load screens? dilemna is using menuloader program doesn't change my screens back to correct. Hex edit doesn't seem to show why the screens are not correct to mission even though all of the tga's are in place in maps folder and correct size.thanks for any help suggestions. If anyone is interested I will add the 17 race track screens that I use. Tell me how to add them here please.
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

I don't know, but can you post one, please, with the correct name and format?
brokenneedlecaa76

384 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

load screen example that is already in the forum.
http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10195&highlight=racing

https://image.ibb.co/gchXNG/trat01.png

https://image.ibb.co/maPq9w/trat02.png

As far as I know all of them are .tga format and the size I have in my collection is 768kb 512x512x24; don't quote me on size though as i am away from the actual game. The .tga is named example "trat00.tga" for the racing circuit long or "trat08.tga" for racing circuit short. The load screens themselves seem to be enlarged pictures of the small mission load screen with a race car or two merged into and a map in the corner the racing route. Some of the loadscreens I have found for "ps2" have no race car or map included.
In time I wish to at least make the new ones with map and race car and correct the route for countryside 1( it drives me mad that the map doesn't coordinate to the actual racing route).
I've also noticed a couple other flaws observations with other racing loadscreens. As well, if i ever figure out how to make new routes from the game, I will make up new screens that simulate the original designs.
In short I can't contribute much back to the forum but i would like to give back something.
[img]http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10195&highlight=racing[/img]
thanks again .
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

So you're using this with the racing mod, aren't you? And you want the custom load screens. Is that it?

I checked into this and you are right - something is wrong. It's like MAFIA isn't reading from the folder. There may be some kind of different format actually in use like an expanded file.

You have a second problem, though. The race mod (at least the 4 pack) uses as a template the tutorial mission to load a track. So...it wants to load the screen for the tutorial. I don't know why that does not happen.

Point being you have 17 tracks or whatever and they are all using the same template mission. Fixing this seems complicated.
brokenneedlecaa76

384 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

thank you Hunter for the input. Most of the explanation flew past my brain but it is still helpful. Do you have much knowledge of the racing missions or of how the game works itself?

I don't know how to check to see if all 17 are using the same template. I doubt they are as they came from so many places and I have switched different versions in and out more times than i can count. Tell me how to figure out the difference please. I figure You are using a hexedit to check but ... thank you
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

I opened a scene2.bin of one of the racing tracks using DC||ED and looked at the start script, which refers to the tutorial. I've also seen the Fairplay screen, so that could be another way to get a track to load.

It's just a waste of time, though. I have no solution for the apparent hard codedness of the load screens. Someone who knows what they are talking about might be able to help. But I guess NOT, because if they knew how to do that they would have used some of these beautiful loading screens in the mod.
brokenneedlecaa76

384 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

sadly my friend when it comes to the racing very little has been done with and i don't know why.
i love the racing. i wish someone could design a program to make races by using the four main components in the race folder.
i thank you for your input.
have you ever used capone program? apparently its old program you referenced. i found a tutorial eons ago for making races, which utilizes capone but i have yet to get it working sadly. duelist suggests that the tutorial doesn't require it; that in fact to make races one only needs check.bin and mwe something like that don't quote me lol its in forum somewhere
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

Different program. I know nothing about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: