FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

World's first proper custom Mafia character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I agree, great work. Applause

Do you also plan to support other object types such as sectors, glows, mirrors etc. at some point?
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I forgot to ask, does the rigging capability also extend to facial features?

Unfortunately no, neck bone controls whole head. Face expressions are made using morphs.

ASM. wrote:
I agree, great work. Applause

Do you also plan to support other object types such as sectors, glows, mirrors etc. at some point?

Thanks Smile These things are easy to create and edit through hex but I might try to add sectors, haven't thought about the others.
lol200004

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:

Thanks Smile These things are easy to create and edit through hex but I might try to add sectors, haven't thought about the others.

You need to look at the great work of hdmaster for HD2, if you have not seen it.
Its promising Global Utility Plug-Ins LS3D Editor can work with 4ds, 5ds, klz, check.bin and scene2.bin files in HD2 format.
Also, his work 4DS Tools 2.1 based on Maxscript recognizes (Dummy; Bones; Sectors; Occluder; LODs).
Unfortunately, hdmaster froze the development.

Duelist wrote:

I actually thought of walking pterodactyl from Jurassic Park 3.....

I thought about it, only imagined a zombie, in like of "half-life" and dismemberment of parts of the body when falling in the animation.
The easiest option for this is to replace the model of the class "dog" (the behavior is suitable for creating monsters, zombies and other aggressive animals). Class "dog" has a small number of animations, the change of which will not take much time.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I've found his LS3D Editor some time ago, unfortunately it has some bugs and it's closed source so I can't take a look in there and maybe fix something Sticking out tongue Exporter part and its 5ds, klz, check.bin and scene2.bin import features are no use for Mafia modding, 4ds is buggy even for HD2 but... I've found the use for 4DS importer (with some workarounds for bugs) and check node entity (testing stage only right now) and I'm writing my own LS3D Tools that imports Mafia PC and PS2, HD2 and Chameleon and converts everything to Mafia format Very happy

Screens from converted Chameleon and HD2 can be seen in my other topic: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9714&start=105

I haven't seen the 4DS Tools 2.1 though. I'll check how he did the sectors.
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

You're awesome Duelist. Thank your for what you're doing for the Mafia community. Your work is writing Mafia modding history.
lol200004

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
... I'm writing my own LS3D Tools that imports Mafia PC and PS2, HD2 and Chameleon and converts everything to Mafia format Very happy

Wow! I wish you a truly great success.
Btw, to work with "Dummy" objects in 3ds max I was very helped by the magnificent macroscript Translated Bounding Box and no less convenient maxscript Dummy resizer. May be useful Very happy
flovivi

289 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

This is groundbreaking. This is amazing!

Honestly, the developers of this game should be proud to see how devoted their fans of this game are. This is really amazing...

I remember when people used to say that this was impossible. It shows your strong will that you still tried, and even succeeded!

Amazing. I didn't log in for a while and now such a big news.

What will be waiting for me next time I pass by?
spartaque12

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

there is nothing impossible for duelist Very happy
just gorgeously talented modder
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

No doubt! Duelist is an amazing modder and helped us come a long way.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Thanks guys, it wasn't even hard so I don't know why it hasn't been done before.

Here's download link to the character. It still has ugly folds but I could keep on trying to fix it indefinitely and I want to move to adding morphs to exporter already. I'll upload source max file once the scripts are ready for those who would like to fix it further.

Download Link
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing an improved Tommy and Paulie models.
Jaqub

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist, please check your pm's. Thanks!

Lorenzitto

1606 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

So it wasn't possible before because of .4ds file format limitations when using z-modeler?
Or because other reasons? How the characters models got replaced with the cutscenes one back then years ago?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melhior

552 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Thanks guys, it wasn't even hard so I don't know why it hasn't been done before.

Here's download link to the character. It still has ugly folds but I could keep on trying to fix it indefinitely and I want to move to adding morphs to exporter already. I'll upload source max file once the scripts are ready for those who would like to fix it further.

How's the development going? Any news?
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

All we need is just higher poly models and improved facial animations for the main characters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: