FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

World's first proper custom Mafia character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Yes, morphs/lods are optional. It seems like it errors on texture coordinates. Can you send me this file?

Alright, here's the model I'm trying to rig:
https://www.upload.ee/files/12028260/elsa.FBX.html
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

There's something about the mesh UVW itself that scripts don't "like". It has nothing do to with skinning.

It's the same issue as described here http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9393

I'll try to look at it. Meanwhile try to import my Trevor or anyother original mafia character, delete skin and apply it with removed values or however are you testing it.

EDIT:
Also in tutorial after adding skin and inserting bones for the first time, first click on X under N, then under M, then under R and now type 0 in the first column, under R again and click remove zero weights.

Last edited by Duelist on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
There's something about the mesh UVW itself that scripts don't "like". It has nothing do to with skinning.

It's the same issue as described here http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9393

I'll try to look at it. Meanwhile try to import my Trevor or anyother original mafia character, delete skin and apply it with removed values or however are you testing it.

Out-of-bounds stuff? Overlapping verts?
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

No, more like an unmapped face among mapped ones. If you strip this mesh from UVW it exports without problems.
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
No, more like an unmapped face among mapped ones. If you strip this mesh from UVW it exports without problems.

Strange. Wonder what part of the mesh is causing it as I've exported this to other formats with no apparent issues.
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Ok, I know what's up. It's not unmapped faces either. These are simply isolated vertices without faces at all. Just click "Remove Isolated Vertices" under Edit Geometry tab for Vertex editing mode. Do this before clicking "Prepare mesh" button or click it again.
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Ok, I know what's up. It's not unmapped faces either. These are simply isolated vertices without faces at all. Just click "Remove Isolated Vertices" under Edit Geometry tab for Vertex editing mode. Do this before clicking "Prepare mesh" button or click it again.

Good call on that one fam, thanks!
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Looks like we have another problem:

The bone assignments are fine prior to export, but they'd end up like a John Carpenter-esque mess after exporting:

Here's what I did when I reproduced the issue with the Trevor mod. I simply imported the 4DS file of his and exported it without touching anything, and the assignments are messed up royally:

Pudingus also got the same glitch when he tried out the exporter on a vanilla Tommy mesh, also sans modifications:
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Even if you just import it and don't change anything you have to press Prepare mesh button before exporting it back. Try to do this on Trevor or Tommy and let me know if it is still messed up.

Like I mentioned earlier, crucial funtcion changed throughout Max versions so it might be due to this. Which version is Pudingus using? I couldn't test it myself so I was relying on change logs. But now that I'm looking at it I remember different annotations...
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Even if you just import it and don't change anything you have to press Prepare mesh button before exporting it back. Try to do this on Trevor or Tommy and let me know if it is still messed up.

Like I mentioned earlier, crucial funtcion changed throughout Max versions so it might be due to this. Which version is Pudingus using? I couldn't test it myself so I was relying on change logs. But now that I'm looking at it I remember different annotations...

That's what we already did as a matter of fact. I am not sure as to what version is Pudingus using but in my case it's 2020.
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I'm using 2021
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Mhm, can you import Trevor, click prepare mesh button, select model, select skin and in maxscripts listener pink input window part paste this (print (skinOps.GetBoneName $.skin (skinOps.GetVertexWeightBoneID $.skin 10500 1) 1)) press enter and let me know what it outputs?
pudingus

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Mhm, can you import Trevor, click prepare mesh button, select model, select skin and in maxscripts listener pink input window part paste this (print (skinOps.GetBoneName $.skin (skinOps.GetVertexWeightBoneID $.skin 10500 1) 1)) press enter and let me know what it outputs?

Code:
"r_arm"
"r_arm"
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Try now https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBVCJSsa6xsCeT62iDchhveOZcIgGlFl/view?usp=sharing
huckleberrypie

414 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Try now https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBVCJSsa6xsCeT62iDchhveOZcIgGlFl/view?usp=sharing

There, it works now:

I still need to fix the rigs but I guess that'll do for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: