FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

211 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Given how many amazing breakthroughs we've had thanks to you guys, i was hoping we wouldn't such an annoying snag in the road.

There must be a workaround somewhere.

I'm sure though that if we need to find someone to help with collisions, we'll find em. We found agens who helped us so much and such amazing work. So there has to be someone out there thats experienced.
T3mas1

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

AMadeMan: I hope you are right.

A little update - water shaders:

AMadeMan

211 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Nice update!
agens

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

In order to normally add maps to Mafia 2, we need an exporter of maps for 3ds Max. Then, to edit the traffic paths, we need a program for NAV files.
http://yadi.sk/i/kEV0dhoJ3Ttgfc

Last edited by agens on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
agens

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

We also need a program for "roadmap.gsd" in "ingame..sds"
Jaqub

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

agens wrote:
We also need a program for "roadmap.gsd" in "ingame..sds"

Traffic and such?

Like this?

agens

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

[quote="Jaqub"]
Yes. For movement for NPC, you need the program "Autodesk Kynapse". On the screenshots you can see that the game itself is loaded and most likely directly through the game the developers prescribed routes, although I may be wrong.

Also, when creating maps, it is desirable to make the loading locations as developers have done. Example as in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYrKi9jU-1M to do this, you will need to use the program "CityShop" and edit the file "city_univers.sds"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yttCkpmXT74&t=9s

To load a map (by dam type), you need to register a new map of "cityareas", and to load apartments and the like need to register in "cityshops". But most likely you need to register the maps in the files .... sds.patch, but with this as yet there is no exact answer. But you can try to attach a new card to an existing card. The game can immediately load only two parts of the map and one location and "shops", hence it should work with a new location. In any case, without the ability to export maps, we have not yet been able to do all this.
Jaqub

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I will look into soon!

T3mas1

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

As you might have read on these forums, agens asked Oleg to make an exporter for Mafia 2 maps. I don't know exactly how that is being made, if you want to know more about it, ask agens or Oleg.

There are some things that agens found out about the Mafia 2 files. This information may help us understand the structure of the Mafia 2 maps better:

For the maps, it is neccessary to learn how to read and edit these files:

FrameResource_0 - that is the main file, as it seems.

IndexButterPool_0 and VertexBufferPool_0, it is unknown what the first file does, the second one contains the map model and its collisions.

FrameNameTable_0 contains some names and some names of details of maps with some settings (the FrameNameTable.exe program opens it).

Collision_0 contains information about collisions of maps. *Note: this file can be deleted and the game will work. However, there will be no collisions and the player will fall through the map. This file needs to be learnt as well, though not necessarily in the beginning, it will need to be concluded in the exporter, for new information about the collisions of a map.

There are also files ItemDecs, those are somewhat connected with collisions, but they contain mainly collisions for small objects. They may or may not be in a folder of a map, or just a few of them. *Note: it is possible to delete them and the game will work.

In order to be able to export it is necessary to take a look at the first four files, the rest can be taken care of later.

Unlike car models, models of maps contain a number of files that can be deleted and the game will work anyway.

It is doubtful whether we can make new maps in an exporter for cars or not (with collisions and everything).

Note that with collisions of cars there is a "hash" number, deleting it doesn't help. It doesn't matter where you place your model in Mafia 2, there seem to be no boundaries limiting you (for example - in Mafia 1 there are boundaries 5km x 5km around the map that limit you in adding new face collisions).

We need to be able to export maps into Mafia 2. Adding maps using the car models doesn't seem to be sufficient.

In "city_universal" there seems to be something called AREA - that are big boxes, from which parts of maps load. These boxes can be of different sizes. We need to learn how to edit "city_universal" so our new map doesn't disappear after the player has got out of these boxes. This video shows how AREA works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcr9jGuuv0

The same thing applies to maps themselves, they disappear after certain distance and thus we will have to be able to edit AREAs or add new ones.

The original text that agens wrote is available under one of my videos in the comment section, I translated it, - the text above, if you understand Russian, you can read it directly here (the comments): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwLOxdSrYPc&lc=z23dhtkbiojpgpboa04t1aokg2vlhk23xul02w3s42ldbk0h00410.1524678334252900

If everythings works out, we will have to have a program for roadmap.gsd (Ingame.sds) to edit the traffic paths and for files "Nav_" (in the folder with maps) that map paths for NPCs. None of us can make a program, we need somebody to help us. If you think you can make such a program, feel free to contact me or agens. The more people are in the team, the better. Your help will be appreciated!
AMadeMan

211 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Great progress! Mafia 2 will look so good with new tier mods.
T3mas1

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

agens made a post on Zmodeler forums tagged "Mafia 2 - General information on Maps", in which he explains the way the map is loaded and tries to change "MaterialID" of roads, paths etc.

http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.php?t=10151

I, on the other hand, decided to use the things that have been already created and made a fan-made trailer for Mafia 4, in which I used the bridge model and the countryside model. In the video description I explained the situtation I refered to this post in the hope that this way more people will know about this project.

AMadeMan

211 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Nice vids! Though it would probably be better if the title is just Mafia 2 Remake or Remastered, so we don't have to acknowledge Mafia 3's existence. Wink
T3mas1

283 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

AMadeMan: Glad you like them. I understand, I am not sure if there is a similar expression for that in English, but in the Czech language we would say Mafia 3 is a thorn in my eye and that is exactly how I feel about M3.

I have some news:

Firstly I'd like to share one video that agens made, in the video he plays with collisions by editing the Collisions_0.bin file.

Yesterday agens made a video about his plans on Mafia 2. In that video he explains what he wants to do in terms of Mafia 2 modding. He says that he wants to convert the Mafia 1 map into the world of Mafia 2. There is no exporter yet, so in the meanwhile he made a new HUD (in the style of the first Mafia) and expanded the paper map by adding the map of Lost Heaven underneath. He also wants to convert some car models from the HD remaster pack released for the first Mafia. You can also now see new trees in front of the Clark's motel.

///////////////*To the second video:
5:14 - showing the paper map
7:58 - the part at the Clark's motel. With the drizly weather, the trees and the new car you gotta say that Mafia 2 still holds up very well in terms of graphics considering the fact that it has been a long while since the game was released.
AMadeMan

211 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Awesome! I look forward to seeing more progress. This is probably the most amount of breakthroughs we've hit with Mafia 2 modding since the ability to add new working car models back in 2015.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: