FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tosyk

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
I'm not into Mafia 2, but I wonder how are interiors handled in there? Is it the same as in Mafia 1 - sector + portals?
wondering that too
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

@Tosyk I answered: The game has AREAs, described in one of my posts, they work for interiors too. An AREA of a part of a map can be loaded at the same time with an AREA of a shop, provided that the shop is defined to be assigned to an AREA that handles interiors. Normally only one AREA can be loaded at a time. AREAs for shops seem to be an exception - they load even if there is already a loaded AREA of a city. An AREA of a part of a city and an AREA of a shop (only one) can be loaded at the same time. Two AREAs of a part of a city can't be loaded at the same time. At least that is the way I get it. Here is a video that shows that in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcr9jGuuv0
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

661 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Tosyk wrote:
wondering that too

Mafia 2 still appears to have sector and portal concepts. There're C_Sector frames in some FrameResource resources and then there's also the AudioSectors resource type. In Mafia 1 sectors/portals basically serve two purposes:

• Indoor scene culling
  • Light/Sound environment separation (used to prevent outdoor ambient light affecting indoor scenery for example)

I've no idea whether this still applies to Mafia 2. The identifier names found in the debug symbols kinda suggest it's primarily used for audio stuff now. Thinking
Tosyk

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

thanks for answers guys!
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

There are a few things I would like to make you aware of.

The first thing is that QTModz is working on a graphics mod for Mafia 2.

The second thing is that Greavesy is working on a map converter from GTA games. I wrote about in the last post, but Greavesy recently publicated one gameplay screen from the map, so I think it is now ok to share it here too. I took the screen with superplayercz's car convert. This screen shows well how much Mafia 2 modding has developed since the release.

The third but not last thing is the Lost Heaven convert. Agens along with Szymon have been working on it a lot recently. Agens told me that the mod is gonna be released soon, probably this month. A new winter version of the countryside has been made:

The last thing is my mod - Mafia 2: The Motorfield City Mod. I have started working on it again. You can watch my progress on my discord server here: https://discord.gg/aPAcnBT
One recent screen from the mod:
S93T

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Great news Applause
Will be cool to see some new maps in the game!
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Awesome work on the maps! I look for to the new graphics mod. Mafia 2 desperately needs one as well as some modifications with the APEX cloth and destruction.
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

The newest version of Mafia 2 The City of Lost Heaven Remastered is going to be released relatively soon.

Agens made a winter version too.

screens:

newto

137 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

The graphics look wonderful; the countryside in snow is magnificent
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

The new version of the mod has been released!

DOWNLOAD: https://yadi.sk/d/iMBYFg7A2pWQCg
MANUAL: https://docdro.id/qlFdoHP
addx_2015

719 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Looks awesome from pictures , but in the GOG version doesn,t work....it,s show me the map when i press TAB but the road that link the maps it,s not there .
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

@addx_2015 Most probably the city_univers doesn't work, discuss bugs and your problems here: https://discord.gg/SSQB97U
S93T

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
How is the situation with peds and traffic like for Mafia 2? Has it been worked out or still not completely? Thanks
T3mas1

397 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

@S93T As for peds - no progress at all. Car traffic was once being reversed, but it was never completed.

newto

137 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

I do love this mod, watching the old mafia come to life for M2 is amazing. I look forward to installing it. I noticed the snow in the country, but didn't notice loss of traction or wild driving!!! Does the Lost Heaven roads work as empire bay roads? Thanks again for the wonderful work done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: