FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Your best lap!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Countach!
Under 1:21
16%
 16%  [1]
Under 1:22 - You passed a low flying plane.
0%
 0%  [0]
Under 1:23 - Your tires are smoking.
33%
 33%  [2]
Under 1:24
16%
 16%  [1]
Under 1:26 - Sports cars are not for sightseeing!
16%
 16%  [1]
Under 1:28
0%
 0%  [0]
1:30 or greater - You drive like my grandmother.
16%
 16%  [1]
Total Votes : 6

Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

The race. Its mysteries, manifold. Challenging. Enigmatic. Stupid. Can you master it - or will it master you?

I'll be the judge of that! What is your best lap time? Feel free to vote and add your actual best time if you like.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

I decided to have a go at this a few days ago. Quickly realised that I would have to use manual gearing in order to get a good time, 1:22 and times under would be unattainable I thought, but to my surprise it was possible! Much to his dismay I put Tommy through much trial and error, that by the end of it he'd suffer from PTSD and often shouting; MY TAXI..

Also have to mention the AI, you get two chances (2 laps), by then you will have caught up with them, boredom is a wonderful thing..

Slight headache https://imgur.com/a/dXNlyYh

Tommy was a race car driver https://imgur.com/a/yM5J9wp
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Wow, are you serious? You didn't add a few HP? Laughing We just have to take each other's word on it.

Applause

I only had to wait 2 months for a reply. Come on people, it's THE RACE. Smile
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Damn, I've no idea how this topic managed to give me the slip, it's a great one! When I come back home after my lectures, I'm gonna go and give it a try as well Laughing

EDIT: I couldn't get past 1:23. Maybe I should've tried harder, but after about 30 laps I lost interest in tryin to beat that time Laughing
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

All right! Here is me.

http://mafiascene.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-6233

So, has anyone done this with a steering wheel?

How fast are you going on the turn at the bottom of the hill?

Do you let off the gas at the turn at the top of the hill? I don't if I'm setting a record. Sticking out tongue
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Yes, I did. I don't really know, I think I reach about 190 kph or something there, but then you have to brake real hard so you don't crash into the rocks, which I did many times Laughing

At the top of the hill I'm in second gear, with my revs screaming, because if you shift into 3rd during the hillclimb part, you start losing speed. And that corner on the top is real tricky, I always try to do it flatout, but quite often I find myself running over that damn bump on the right which sends me flying. But sometimes I am successful in cutting that corner just centimeters away from the inner barrier. Although I'm not sure if I do it without lifting my foot off the gas. You know what, I think I'm just gonna go and try again right now Laughing

How about you? How do you manage to make that corner flatout?

Also, when do you start braking before the first left hairpin, the one after the finish straight? I try to brake late and then shift into 1st, because 2nd doesn't give much acceleration. But I always struggle with shifting down because of the delay between gears. I suppose it's clutch simulation. My Logitech doesn't have that, sadly Very happy

Edit: Oh yeah, I made it under 1:22! Laughing

P.S. I just can't keep my foot down on the top of the hill, I always go out of the track, so I slightly let off the gas for a short moment

Last edited by linukkis on Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Nice going guys. Very happy

For me when I reached the hill part I would shift into 3rd at the top and continue into the corner without letting off the throttle, just make sure you are as far right before entering the corner, then at the bottom you reach 220, again do not leave the throttle, you can touch the last curb no problem, but try not to have all four wheels going over it. Done with a keyboard btw.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Thanks! Very happy But wait, so you mean you keep accelerating all throughout that corner once you're downhill? At over 200 kph? o_O
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Indeed, that's it. Now that I think about it I might actually be at 220, anyway, I should probably make a video demonstration. Thinking

Sorry did you mean the little slalom part, or the actual left corner that comes after? (i'll be back with a video)

EDIT* Was talking nonsence about the speeds was thinking about mph, which was also wrong lol, please disregard what I said and move on to the video Oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDIjMe5Jyus

Last edited by lostinmafia_heavenMS on Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Yeah yeah, I meant the actual corner after that, the one with rocks coming on the right hand side. The slalom bit, although with some shaking, is a flatout zone, no question about it Very happy
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Your best lap! Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Yes, I did. I don't really know, I think I reach about 190 kph or something there, but then you have to brake real hard so you don't crash into the rocks, which I did many times Laughing

I meant how fast are you going after the brake?

linukkis wrote:

How about you? How do you manage to make that corner flatout?

Of course you want to be on the right side of the road. When the guardrail starts to turn, turn into it hard. Then, when the road has a bump, straighten out or you will oversteer and lose control.

linukkis wrote:

Also, when do you start braking before the first left hairpin, the one after the finish straight?

I think the answer is you brake as late as possible without going off the road. Here is where there is a lot of variability. Can you do a J-turn with the handbrake? It's not likely. Handbrake + brake is srtronger than brake alone. I find myself going into first after the turn is over.

But it's not good to go into 1st during the turn. You will lose traction if you do that.

Random aside - if you ever race with the Alfa Romeo, you have to shift into second really early because it will just do a burnout in first Laughing

linukkis wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah, I made it under 1:22! Laughing

Your picture isn't loading...

linukkis wrote:

P.S. I just can't keep my foot down on the top of the hill, I always go out of the track, so I slightly let off the gas for a short moment

Yeah, better safe than sorry.

lostinmafia_heavenMS wrote:
Indeed, that's it. Now that I think about it I might actually be at 220, anyway, I should probably make a video demonstration. Thinking

All right. Thanks for the video. The answer I was looking for is you're going 80 after the turn. That's really good. I have to step up my game!

I have run a few more laps, and I have to say, I don't know how to take that turn at high speed. Turning from the outside helps a lot (I was not doing that) BUT, if I decide to use 3rd gear going down the hill and hit 120mph, it's hard to not crash there. If you can pull that off I think 1:19 is possible.

Did you guys ever get stuck in the road before the hill begins? Laughing
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

great race times everyone. It is so nice to see interest in the racing. How many of you have more than the circuit to race on? Has anyone considered making the track into a dirt track with dirt,dust, tracks and perhaps an odd mud puddle or two?
any interest?
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Your best lap! Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:

Like a glitch? Hasn't happened to me. If I'm close to a car I will sometimes get stuck with said car, being unable to go anywhere, like it's a magnet.. 1:19 is possible for sure, but good luck

brokenneedlecaa76 wrote:
great race times everyone. It is so nice to see interest in the racing. How many of you have more than the circuit to race on? Has anyone considered making the track into a dirt track with dirt,dust, tracks and perhaps an odd mud puddle or two?
any interest?

Thanks. I think you are looking at the wrong game, you should check out NASCAR Racing 2003 Season It has all the mods you are looking for and all sorts of tracks with an active community. I, like you is also hoping for Mafia multiplayer, with imported/created race tracks, but maybe give THE RACE here a go? Smile
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Your best lap! Reply with quote

lostinmafia_heavenMS wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Like a glitch? Hasn't happened to me. If I'm close to a car I will sometimes get stuck with said car, being unable to go anywhere, like it's a magnet.. 1:19 is possible for sure, but good luck

Just steer really hard into the turn if you're interested Laughing it will destroy your lap.

I decided to check my old computer to see if there's any good times; it won't turn on. -_- Basically unused Corsair power supply. Aggravating.

I got into the 1:21s. I mostly let off the gas on the hill turn and the bottom of hill turn. They say the perfect is the enemy of the good. I also think in general better to go wide than skid, the speed is more valuable.
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Your best lap! Reply with quote

lostinmafia_heavenMS
wrote:
Thanks. I think you are looking at the wrong game, you should check out NASCAR Racing 2003 Season It has all the mods you are looking for and all sorts of tracks with an active community. I, like you is also hoping for Mafia multiplayer, with imported/created race tracks, but maybe give THE RACE here a go? Smile

I have raced this race many times. My time has never been great but its still fun> i've raced the long full track and the short half track(turn off where concrete blocks are). The extra tracks are available as mod without using multiplayer, there is an old mod made by bgmmr long ago; just need to google it. With some changes her and there one can have many routes to race on. Presently i have 17 that i can race on, 4 are reversible; just check other posts. I would love to see more interest in the racing. I think there are many things that could be done with it, extra cool crashes, different weather etc. thanks for suggestion of NASCAR Racing 2003 Season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: