FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Default controls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Default controls Reply with quote

How do you know these things? That's amazing.

Anyway, just a few more points for full credit. Laughing

1. This does not work for racing. Not really speaking to the mod, although the more the merrier, but Fairplay - before the race will start in automatic.

2. There are certain missions (An offer you can't refuse or You lucky bastard/railway crossing, I think for examples) that the game likes to force you into automatic when it thinks you need help.

I hope it's not scene2.bin. It would be awesome if there was some "disable helper" bit.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

347 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Default controls Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:

How do you know these things? That's amazing.

IDA (Interactive Disassembler) is your friend. Smile

Hunter wrote:

1. This does not work for racing. Not really speaking to the mod, although the more the merrier, but Fairplay - before the race will start in automatic.

The racing mission possibly uses a different code path for initialization that doesn't call C_player::GameInit().

Hunter wrote:

2. There are certain missions (An offer you can't refuse or You lucky bastard/railway crossing, I think for examples) that the game likes to force you into automatic when it thinks you need help.

I hope it's not scene2.bin. It would be awesome if there was some "disable helper" bit.

I noticed that, too. I suspect this is controlled by the mission script, even though I'm currently not aware of a command for setting the transmission type from scripts. Alternatively it could also be a bug. Sarcastic
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

Finally, a limit to your knowledge Laughing

I am grateful for your help, ASM. Please let me know if you learn how to disable these cases.
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

Hey, ASM, there was one other thing I forgot to add:

Can I change the default for sniper mode to "z?" In 1.1 by default sniper mode is unbound Confused
ASM.

347 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

Heh, another limit to my knowledge. Laughing

The thing is, in case of the default transmission mode I already knew where the game stores it in the C_player instance from my work on MSE. Since the offset is fairly characteristic I could easily do a code search which only yielded a few matches which eventually led me to C_player::GameInit().

Maybe the same approach works for the racing mission. However in case of the automatic transmission mode switching in An offer you can't refuse/You lucky bastard or the default sniper binding I suspect I'd have to do some more thorough research first as I have never looked into that before.
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

hi I can be a little duhh at moments so are you clearly stating that any of the racing tracks can't be made to manual transmission. thanks
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Default controls Reply with quote

brokenneedlecaa76 wrote:
hi I can be a little duhh at moments so are you clearly stating that any of the racing tracks can't be made to manual transmission. thanks

Is that even what you want?

Anyway, ASM said there's a different script which controls the transmission setting for the race and he hasn't looked into/found where that setting is kept. The same goes for those scripted chases where the transmission changes back to automatic.

It probably means we'll never know, but on the plus side I've wanted to do this hack for years, and I never thought it would be a reality.

By the way. One weird thing about the race I have noticed since doing this is we need two key presses to get to manual in the race. Kind of a "it's in manual but it's set to automatic so pressing the key sets it to automatic and you need to press a second time to actually get it in manual" thing. *shrug* Still worth it. Heck yeah.
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Default controls Reply with quote

i havene't noticed a two key press but i will certainly look into it. Could first press be the clutch second press be shift gear. This is how a standard transmission starts if i remember correctly lol. That would be cool if so a little realism. thanks on reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: