FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Different traffic for different district

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBeker12

581 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Different traffic for different district Reply with quote

yesterday i was playing with the new mod "freeride expanded" and i had an idea, is it possible to have different cars in different zones of Lost Heaven like gta etc... because i think it would give a touch of realism to the game, i was wondering if its possible Smile , also because its already possible with people walking around Cool shades

i hope this is a good idea
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

347 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Different traffic for different district Reply with quote

Mafia Patcher to the rescue (again Laughing). See option EnableMultiTrafficActorSupport.

Basically the game supports multiple traffic actors per mission out of the box but in the vanilla game all of these actors are active at the same time. When you enable EnableMultiTrafficActorSupport, Mafia Patcher dynamically activates the traffic actor that's closest to the current camera position and deactivates the rest.
MrBeker12

581 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Different traffic for different district Reply with quote

Great i will try then,
could i ask u how to make traffic patterns?
coz when i used to change the traffic i was never able to take control of the ratio of cars etc... i hope you got what i mean.

i will keep this thing upgraded

are there any tutorials about this? because i usually don't do mods very often, i also read all the instructions but i don't know how to start the ASI Loader...
ASM.

347 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Different traffic for different district Reply with quote

MrBeker12 wrote:

could i ask u how to make traffic patterns?
coz when i used to change the traffic i was never able to take control of the ratio of cars etc... i hope you got what i mean.

If you want to use EnableMultiTrafficActorSupport, you need to add several traffic actors to your mission that you place in different spots on the map (one per neighborhood for example). Then modify each actor to specify what cars are supposed to appear with what probability. That should be it.

As far as I'm aware only DC||ED supports creating/editing traffic actors at the moment. From what I've read here on the forums its traffic actor editor is somewhat unstable though so it's probably advisable to save and backup your work often.

MrBeker12 wrote:

are there any tutorials about this? because i usually don't do mods very often,

I don't know of any from the top of my head, sorry. Sad

MrBeker12 wrote:

i also read all the instructions but i don't know how to start the ASI Loader...

What ASI loader do you use? Typically you just need to copy its dinput8.dll or d3d8.dll (in case of Mafia) or dsound.dll or whatever entrypoint it uses to your game root folder (the one containing Game.exe). *.asi files are usually also copied to the root folder but some loaders also allow (or possibly even require) them to be placed in specific (sub)folders. Check your loader's Readme.(md|txt) for details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: