FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavosWorks

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial Reply with quote

Hey Guys I'ts now 3 months since I started to Porting Mafia Environment in to the Source Engine. Even more especially into Counter-Strike: Source; CS-GO; half-Life 2 and the Garry's mod.

Map is Almost finished and in March it will be released for CS:Source and CS:GO. For Half-life 2 and the garry's mod it will be much bigger map with whole Downtown and rooftops.

In half life 2 there will be also civilians, and in all games there will be driving cars.

Lighting is still not as good as it will be, but I'm still porting or retracing models and making detailed collisions. All other details I will finnish in March.

Here are some screenshots:
(You Can see there are also full Rooftops from Mission 8 )

[/url]

(I inserted integrated trees)

[/url]

I'm also working on full collisions, I have to make it from concave boxes, so I have to retrace whole model

All Roads and Sidewalk I have modelled from scratch (in world geometry in Hammer Editor). Also some buildings too.

I'm Using 3ds MAX to port Mafia 4ds models in to 3DS, then Using Khed to Make rooftops, and collisions for buildings, and then converting it to SMD and via Source tools I'm compiling them in to Source Engine. (in to mdl). Then I'm using gimp to make (transparent) Alpha textures, and I'm also Using VTF-Edit to port all textures into Source VTF and VMT.

By the way Khed is very good modeling program and very easy to use, If you are modeller, then you really should try it ;-)

Here are all screenshots I made.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aqc6Y3QdNzHPqJZE0j8PeXuXMoezRQ
Jaqub

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial Reply with quote

Wow, nice work you made...
You should check mine conversion too http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10218

I may have a few or many questions for you specially about the buildings of the map...
First of all, I see that you imported the map in 3ds max with the only existing .4ds importer plugin and maybe loaded \freeride and cutted the other parts of the city away.
How did you were able to import the buildings with their coordinates?

spartaque12

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial Reply with quote

nice job dude
DavosWorks

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial Reply with quote

Thank you guys Smile
Here is first video of trams and cars. (When you hit car engine it will explode as in mafia, similar effect)

To Jaqub Nice job You could make some short video about it Sticking out tongue

And Yes, I imported it with that one 4ds importer, and then I exported every used model into 3ds* format and then in to Source Engine. I also cutted free ride map BUT.. I was not able to use roads as a Prop, because there many and many complications with collisions, and lighting and also with overall optimisiation of the whole map. So I had to build whole ground (roads, sidewalks, grass) from the scratch..

I have many many and many complications, because Source engine is not good for many props. A world in source engine should be build from the world geometry, and not from props. props should be used just for details and detailed models. So I still have to build some buildings from scratch.

The second big problem is space. For first I have to Scale all models 39times (x39), because the world in Source engine is 39 times bigger, than in mafia.
And I even can not fit the central island in to One map in Source. Even Downtown will fill the whole space in hammer editor. Ofcource as you can see there IS Central island. But only as Background in 3D SkyBox.
Here is what 3D skybox is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSJdlTlWOIA

3rd problem was overall optimisation. While in Common Source map You use Hints and areaportals, to incerase performance and FPS, here i can't due to props. Thanks got there are well working OCCLUDERS.

If you have any question, just ask it. Smile
Jaqub

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Mafia DownTown in the Source Engine + Little Tutorial Reply with quote

everything was made in scratch...
i need glasses to read clearly lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: