FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

new racing tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

hello, can anyone help me with making some new tracks for racing. I found a tutorial long ago about making new races in russian and the same tutorial converted to english. I have tried to follow the instructions and can't make it work. I have all of the tools that are included within the tutorial, but the main component is Capone and i can't make it work me, it won't install. Is there another program such as mwve that I can use to make new races. thanks for any input
Duelist

203 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

I don't have this tutorial in english but from google translate of russian one it seems that capone is not needed. It was only used to visualy place points. It is also mentioned that track has to be made of exactly 109 points becouse at that time it wasn't known how to change that. So this is also outdated.

You could make track using only check.bin editor (track points) and MWE (camera, starting points) basicly.
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

thank you for the great information. i figured there was some way to make them.I was going to try and recreate each file in the trat file by some means or other; there is many ways to change settings with all the tools made by the community. Does anyone have the 4ds to ps2 converter file thanks.
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

again thank you for the info. I followed a link and extracted the ps2 mission files with some modest work. I checked the individual files for variations and comparisons to pc and noticed very little similarity; but loading the check bin file was quite helpful to see what tracks were alike and what tracks were not available in the pc version.As well, I use the ps2 converter to pc to see the scene.4ds. Love the possibilities for adding the new tracks. looking foward to more info and research thanks everyone

does anyone know how to add weather conditions to individual races?
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

have you yourself made any new tracks with this method. I would love to see a countryside 3 made following the map in the corner of countryside 1. Some check points will be needed from both countryside maps to do it. I'm tryng to use understand che to make the different points but don't understand it by following the line point map within the program. thanks
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

can anyone tell me how I could make the pavement in the circuit into a dirt racing track please???
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

Is there any interest in new races? or the racing in general?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

337 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new racing tracks Reply with quote

brokenneedlecaa76 wrote:
can anyone tell me how I could make the pavement in the circuit into a dirt racing track please???

Change the collision material from 1 to 6. To do so with MWE, pick a road section mesh, change the Material value in the Properties panel and hit the Mesh button in the Col panel to apply the material to all faces of the selected mesh.

Note that mise06-autodrom uses a dedicated collision mesh for many sections of the circuit. To view the collision mesh, activate the Draw Disabled Objects option in the Settings panel. You will then see some z-fighting in some sections of the track. Pick the mesh that shows a Collisions section in the property grid to edit the collision material.
brokenneedlecaa76

261 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: new racing tracks Reply with quote

thank you for the great info ASM, greatful for your help.IF you have any info on racing mod that you could share I would be very thankful. I don't think enough was done with the racing in the game; the possibilities are endless as to what coudl be, but one must understand how to make them first and then ...
Thanks again
ASM.

337 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: new racing tracks Reply with quote

brokenneedlecaa76 wrote:

IF you have any info on racing mod that you could share I would be very thankful.

Unfortunately no. I've personally not looked into racing yet so I can't really help you there. I think braingib (creator of BScriptView) created a tutorial on how to create races with BSV many years ago (it's mentioned in the changelog for v5.0) but I'm unable to find it now. BSV can be downloaded from here. Maybe the tutorial is still buried somewhere there and I just don't see it.

In general I'd recommend to open the check.bin of one of the racing missions (such as mise06-autodrom) with CheckRE or CHE and experiment a bit with the tools. Make a few changes and check what effects they have ingame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: