FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Detective Run Challenge / Election Campaign Help Required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrappyIceFruit

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Detective Run Challenge / Election Campaign Help Required Reply with quote

Heya, folks! This is a bit of an odd first post, especially for a user registered in 2014. And before that, I used to regularly hang out here somewhere between 2007-2010, under the username The_Ship (at least, I think that was my name). I wasn't even 11 during most of 2007...

Oh well, that's enough off-topic hogwash for now, guess I ought to reminisce about how MafiaScene developed my personality/knowledge of English etc in some separate thread. Anyway, needless to say, I consider it a personal goal/interest to breathe some new life into Mafia, so here we go:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days ago me and friend VonEinberg finished a run of Mafia that we have collectively dubbed the "Mafia Detective Run". The ruleset is simple: you are only allowed to use the S&W Model 10 revolver and any melee + explosive weapons (grenades/molotovs) you can find. These rules can and must be followed throughout the entire game.

You can find the exact rules and a guide for this run on our Google Drive,
right here.

Here's a decent video example from our run to showcase what this madness ends up looking like. We didn't originally record all of our gameplay (due to the run taking tens of hours), but we'll be releasing a complete attempt on video sometime soon™.

Point of this thread: We'd love to challenge the Mafia community here to join us in playing the game like this (or - using similar weapons/ideas) and to help us improve the strategies (both glitchless and glitched), to add any technical data etc.

There is one glaring mistake in our guide when it comes to following this ruleset: Election Campaign. Our quick glance through the forums here and elsewhere didn't reveal how to beat the sniping sequence without actually using the sniper in question. Our rules require the S&W Model 10 to be used, but that definitely doesn't have the range. And leaving the prison without killing the politician seems impossible. So it'd be awesome if you shared any ideas you might have.

TL;DR: We want to run through the whole game only using the police revolver. Very much doable on every mission. But Election Campaign sniping seems impossible with this gun. Is there any way to kill the target without using the sniper?!

Thanks for still existing, MafiaScene!

I have also cross-posted something very similar to the Mafia discussion forums on Steam and on GOG.com.
Hunter

1584 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Detective Run Challenge / Election Campaign Help Require Reply with quote

CrappyIceFruit wrote:

TL;DR: We want to run through the whole game only using the police revolver. Very much doable on every mission. But Election Campaign sniping seems impossible with this gun. Is there any way to kill the target without using the sniper?!

Oh, I'LL give you off topic hogwash. No, there is no way to do that besides modifying the game. Kind of a lame mission IMO.

CrappyIceFruit wrote:

Thanks for still existing, MafiaScene!

Sort of.

As for similar ideas, what if, complete insanity, you tried to do The Death of Art with no guns but a detective special? No! Too insane! I guess if anyone ever did that ultimate challenge, they would make a video about it.

While we're on the subject of trivia, it's possible to do every mission in a Model T but one, which requires the Model A. Impossible
Hunter

1584 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Detective Run Challenge / Election Campaign Help Require Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:

While we're on the subject of trivia, it's possible to do every mission in a Model T but one, which requires the Model A. Impossible

Ahhh, you found a way. I am impressed. Not only that, I don't see how you did it. I tried over and over again to get Morello into that airport, but he only does it under certain conditions and slow isn't one of them.

Or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. I was doing this when you were a little boy. Sarcastic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: