FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honza_B

1590 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
I'm unable to reproduce the edge issues you had with the ashtrays or round tables so far but maybe I just picked the wrong examples. I only tested with the vanilla models, though.

Just a quick one for now: Yes, sorry, I should have made this clear. My mistake. That was with the new models we created... You can download the individual models from the list should you wish https://1drv.ms/x/s%21AoO553Xc23G7gQxXldEWXV_Rrleo (xstul19 for the steamer tables and xpopelnik2 for those ashtrays at the bank).

Exam period for me now, Ill take an actual look at the rest later. Thank you for the explanations, especially the sectors thing makes me want to look into it once again when I have a little time and fix some of the lightmaps if possible and release a small update...
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

405 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
Just a quick one for now: Yes, sorry, I should have made this clear. My mistake. That was with the new models we created... You can download the individual models from the list should you wish https://1drv.ms/x/s%21AoO553Xc23G7gQxXldEWXV_Rrleo (xstul19 for the steamer tables and xpopelnik2 for those ashtrays at the bank).

Ah I see, silly me. Oops! Thanks for the list. I'll have a look later.
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

So hows progress going? Any new models to show?
madmaxgamer

43 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I could mod the whole damn game, it would be my pleasure. Only problem is i keep running into export-import problems with the 4DS format. Every day there is less and less support for it. The exporting ruins models, materials, and creates glitches. Not to mention the looming limit that you hit at some point when you mod too much and the game becomes unstable.

I have tried to mod cars, importing them into Blender to edit, but they can never go back to 4DS format without having MAJOR issues. The only way to do it, is doing it in Zmod1, but even then I've had glitches, and i was only able to mod wheels cause Zmod1 is horrible. The other stuff i did in Blender, but their structure was less complex. If anyone knows a way, i would continue.

I did a test in Unreal, which i posted here a few months ago. Its doable, but i can't program for shit.

I would love to see this game look amazing, but as I've read here, its kinda pointless to do it on the old engine. I've experienced this myself. Its demoralizing. I could make models and texures WAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier and faster for UNREAL, and they would look way better, instead of the LS3D engine, which requires me to move the model through 4 different programs, and takes me about a day to properly do one of those models seen above.
If anyone ever wants to do a remaster, UNREAL or otherwise, let me know. But a REAL REMASTER, which means keeping everything as is in the game, taking as little artistic liberty as possible.
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

You've done some grand work man. We do intend to keep the game the same, just with a newer look. One of the biggest hurdles is making new models and textures for the buildings. I believe your work will have a great spot here, because this mod right here is about getting the community involved and give brand new life to this game. Keep it up
madmaxgamer

43 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
You've done some grand work man. We do intend to keep the game the same, just with a newer look. One of the biggest hurdles is making new models and textures for the buildings. I believe your work will have a great spot here, because this mod right here is about getting the community involved and give brand new life to this game. Keep it up

Thanks. I could do buildings as well. Problem is, you would have to do all of them, otherwise the rest would look weird among the HighPoly ones. And, as many have said, game becomes unstable. Some buildings in Mafia now have as little as 8 triangles... they are basically boxes. And actual detailed buildings would have to go into the thousands of triangles. Not to mention new textures. So its kinda pointless, unless something can be done to get rid of the limits.
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

A new tool would probably have to be made to bypass LS3D's limits or we'll have to go with a smart workaround like what Duelist did with the character skeleton rigging and animation that was previously thought to be impossible to modify.

If you need assistance, feel free to PM some of the mod vets around here such as Duelist, Neutral, or Asa.
madmaxgamer

43 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Game would look so much better in Unreal...
muslicornflakes

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Is it possible you can share the 3D models and textures you made for street lamp posts and fuel station? They look so great and the ugly vanilla lamp posts always bothered me Smile
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Nice work man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: