FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honza_B

1588 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

MG421982 wrote:
what's the difference

Hey! This is mentioned in the initial post. Maybe I should have written "use Ctrl+F" in the beginning. Smile What’s in the list (and in the trailer—except for the trees—I could not help myself, though they are not perfect) is something we started a long time ago and now "finished". A vast majority of this is our work (except for one or two textures done earlier by other people—see the list). Thanks to our perfectionist tendencies, this is something that we really tried to get as perfectly as possible and it is on par with the original game’s graphics style, not breaking the immersion. Also, we dealt in models. That is there are no extra new textures, if a model isn’t connected with them. That’s the first 140MB "stable build".

At the time we released this, we also had some other stuff done by other people. Mainly textures and models by Max (the guy who appeared two posts up—Hi, Max)—there’s a post somewhere on this forum dedicated to his work, but it was never actually released (I believe he wrote that someone cheated him with an investment into making the game engine better and that eventually led to his discouragement). We asked for his files earlier when our intentions were much greater. Then there are two packs by the Russians (the work of FansH, there’s a topic about his thing as well on some Russian Mafia forum). I don’t know if the first version is currently available anywhere else but the two differ vastly. Then there’s a small pack of textures from some other people and a tree pack by fowner, which is something that’s out here for a long time but I don’t think it is known much outside of the Czech Mafia community, so we added a link for that too. This is for people who want to choose themselves. Many of the textures are present twice, so once you download it, you have to do some choosing and copying. Then you can download our "stable build" and replace the other files with it.

The pack for lazy people is Harry’s request - not everybody likes the idea of choosing himself, so I combined all the "packs for dilligent people" and did the choosing for you. If you download that, you have to download the "stable build" on top of it as well and replace the files (we created the post so that people could contribute and hence it might be needed to update the "stable build" and we did not want to update it in two instances). Unlike our final "stable build", these additional packs may cause problems if you put all of them in. For instance, I don’t think you’ll be able to load the city unless you use the 4 GB patch (or maybe you have to do something else as well, I don’t even remember anymore—dgvoodoo will help maybe?). Textures may not feel like the ones in the original game (that depends on your tolerance—I wouldn’t want the game to look the way it does with this whole thing applied but whatever.) Some of Max’s cars are not exported properly, which leads to doors opening in a wrong direction, smoke coming out of wrong places, etc.). I don’t know what else. This is simply considered untested.

And on top of that—there are some new mods available which are not included here—a set of modifications by some Russians (their topic is mentioned up here somewhere as well—I believe our final mod is a part of their collection by now) and there are new car models by Neutral.

Last edited by Honza_B on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
madmaxgamer

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honzo, how did you solve the traffic density problem ? I can't get it above 100 without crashing. If you got some sort of patched file, mind posting it ? thanks.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:
Honzo, how did you solve the traffic density problem ? I can't get it above 100 without crashing. If you got some sort of patched file, mind posting it ? thanks.

Mafia Patcher provides an option to patch that limit (see option PatchTrafficLimit).
madmaxgamer

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
madmaxgamer wrote:

Mafia Patcher provides an option to patch that limit (see option PatchTrafficLimit).

Sorry, i never used it. I put the patch files in the game folder, set the limit higher, and put the "dinput8.dll" from the ASI loader in the game folder as well. Do i need to do something else ? Cause the game still crashes when i set the limit higher than 100...
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:

Sorry, i never used it. I put the patch files in the game folder, set the limit higher, and put the "dinput8.dll" from the ASI loader in the game folder as well. Do i need to do something else ? Cause the game still crashes when i set the limit higher than 100...

Did you also uncomment the PatchTrafficLimit line (i.e. remove the # at the beginning of the line)?
madmaxgamer

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
madmaxgamer wrote:

Did you also uncomment the PatchTrafficLimit line (i.e. remove the # at the beginning of the line)?

I have now. But it still doesnt work. I have 2 versions of ASI loader, 32 and 64 bit. Tried em both. Do i need to rename em to something ?
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:

I have now. But it still doesnt work. I have 2 versions of ASI loader, 32 and 64 bit. Tried em both. Do i need to rename em to something ?

Hm sounds like the ASI loader doesn't load Patcher.asi. What game version and loader do you use?
madmaxgamer

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
madmaxgamer wrote:

Hm sounds like the ASI loader doesn't load Patcher.asi. What game version and loader do you use?

I use the Steam version, and i tried both 32 and 64 bit loaders. Also , i have WIN7 64 bit. Any ideas ?
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

My 2nd attempt at characters modding.

If something can be imported that means it can be also exported, right?
Kamelot

65 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:

Try this Very happy

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9ny741
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I have already updated importer to v4 and exporter (a bit for now) myself so there's nothing new or interesting in there for me.
lol200004

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
I have already updated importer to v4 and exporter (a bit for now) myself so there's nothing new or interesting in there for me.

This is good news, we will wait for the release!
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Duelist worked his magic again! We can now have custom high poly characters in Mafia!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ueFrxpu78

thread: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10255
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I can't wait to see HD models of Tommy and Paulie and even some peds since its almost impossible to see their faces.
nilsavkege

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
My 2nd attempt at characters modding.

I've figured out how to import the Mafia models into 3ds Max 2013. But how do I get the textures to show?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: