FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

15 Year Anniversary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

I am simply amazed beyond words at how even after 15 years, Mafia's community, in both fans and modders, is still growing stronger. And even though Mafia 3 wasn't as good as the past 2 titles, it still will hopeful encourage people to go into the past and see what it was like with Mafia City of Lost Heaven and Mafia II. Thank you all so much for it has truly been an honor to witness the growth of this wonderful community with over 5000 registered users. In 4 and 1/2 days as of this post, Mafia 1 will be 15 years old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Applause Applause Applause Salute Salute Salute

How will you celebrate?
lostinmafia_heavenMS

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

Let's just say that I started the celebrations a little early. First I played through the whole thing again (ofc), then I decided I would do that all over again just to put some commentary on, not sure when that's going on youtube. You (MS) are mentioned in the commentary bit.

Now as the days are approaching I've been binge watching documentaries/stories of the American Mafia, maybe when the day is finally here I'll be drinking some fancy wine(I don't drink wine) Very happy, then I'll be watching Goodfellas, perhaps Mafia's biggest inspiration.

By then I've transformed into a fully Italian-American gangster and before I know it I'm playing MAFIA again, way past my bedtime.
flovivi

262 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

wasn't it 10 years anniversary just some time ago? wow... how time flies... Farewell

so many memories come back playing and thinking about the game.
this game inspired me to mod games, and i guess it also led me to choose an IT major in the end.

im currently creating a mafia like game with unity as my hobby work during my freetime. maybe i will post some pictures about it one day Very happy

since i don't have time to play it currenlty, i think i will just watch some youtube videos about it or read some old articles of this amazing forum regarding mafia1.

however, i sometimes think about that it would be cool if some of the famouse and infamouse people here could meet up sometime somewhere in europe. maybe we can visit 2k czech and make them an offer they can't refuse regarding a remake of one of the best games ever (or simply telling them to hand over the developer tools Impossible )

glad i have found this forum where people share their passion for this amazing game! Applause

best regards from vienna!
AMadeMan

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Mafia City of Lost Heaven! 8/27/2002 - 8/27/17
Salute Applause
Most humble regards from the United States.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276212 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

In North America and the UK indeed
we celebrate 15 years of Mafia CoLH
August 27th/28th 2002.

However we have to bear in mind that
Europe did not see release until the
6th September 2002.

When the game reaches 20 years
in 2022, then that would be a
celebration; would be interesting
to see if people will still play the
game (i.e. old die-hards) and a
new generation will want to play it. Wink

LeroyPeterson

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

Considering the love that many "classics" still receive, I think Mafia will remain relevant and loved.
It's also very rare for a game of this era and of this open-world style to not age terribly. Just look at GTAIII and San Andreas... as much as I love them, its a real challenge to enjoy now. The downside to this is that Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 barely added anything worthwhile to the formula... which props Mafia 1 onto centre stage IMO, but makes it less and less relevant to newcomers.
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: 15 Year Anniversary Reply with quote

I got the game in March or April 2003.

That was so long ago Shocked

AHHh!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: