FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

[WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spieder3

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

- RCS Real Car Sounds 0.3 -

I've been working the last weeks on a car sound overhaulin for Mafia 1. The glorious Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 from "Neutral" made me spending time into this. I thought if the cars look real and HD they should sound like real cars whit real engines.
So this is my [WIP] Real Car Sound Mod 0.3. Some cars are finished (red star) and nearly perfect and near the real ones.

The sound files are not stolen or copied by other games, they all been made by my self.

Take a "look"

wasd

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

Wow looks promising. There is a link for the download?
AMadeMan

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

This will go great with RCF 1.6! Keep up the good work!
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

wasd wrote:
Wow looks promising. There is a link for the download?

If you read the OP's post you would see that
this is a [WIP] (Work In Progress)
Spieder3 wrote:
So this is my [WIP] Real Car Sound Mod 0.3. Some cars are finished (red star) and nearly perfect and near the real ones.

@Spieder3: This sounds (pardon the pun) very
interesting and I look forward to further developments.

Kudos Applause

Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

Oh, I've always wanted this. Of course only if it sounds as good as the fake ones Laughing One thing we don't really get in MAFIA at all is gear noise.

Very cool project.
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

That's cool.
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Oh, I've always wanted this. Of course only if it sounds as good as the fake ones Laughing One thing we don't really get in MAFIA at all is gear noise.

Very cool project.

I have added gear noise to the cars, but the problem is that Mafia doesn't mute the noise in gears above second. In RL these cars made noise in first and second gears, but third or higher were direct drive and were therefore silent. Mafia mutes gear sounds in neutral only. It would be great if someone would make a .dll/.asi that pointed gears above second to the sound used in neutral. Extra points if it mutes the sound when the clutch is engaged also... then we could have the gear sound on deceleration too. Would be awesome.

For now I just make the gear sound quiet and only at RPM above the breakaway RPM.
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

I'm very happy to have original car sounds with the RCF mod now, congratulations, nice job! Applause
It will be a great to experience the original feeling as it was when these beautiful cars were new and involved in traffic. Since there is an HD texture mod already for the city, trees, roads etc. There's only one big thing left to do and that is making high quality pedestrian and character models. But it is up to someone else to create that, so Mafia could look almost like a new game. Praying
AMadeMan

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

I thought it was impossible to modify the pedestrians and NPCs in the game such as animations and models. Is it possible with the current tools?
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:

I have added gear noise to the cars, but the problem is that Mafia doesn't mute the noise in gears above second. In RL these cars made noise in first and second gears, but third or higher were direct drive and were therefore silent.

Which cars? Anyway...some cars have higher gears spiral cut but...the transmission noise is just part of the car sound anyway except in neutral. Some cars are...um...had freewheeling.

Here is some easy listening Sticking out tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p81gQIUPvLE&index=60&list=LL8A-d2R58Ghamwp6-ROJ7Ow
huckleberrypie

281 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
I thought it was impossible to modify the pedestrians and NPCs in the game such as animations and models. Is it possible with the current tools?

If someone would take the effort of further documenting the .4DS format that is. It is possible to make custom peds for Mafia I, but they would have to be like in GTA 3 where dummies are used instead of bones, and body parts have to be chopped up.
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
arbitrarymobster wrote:

I have added gear noise to the cars, but the problem is that Mafia doesn't mute the noise in gears above second. In RL these cars made noise in first and second gears, but third or higher were direct drive and were therefore silent.

Which cars? Anyway...some cars have higher gears spiral cut but...the transmission noise is just part of the car sound anyway except in neutral. Some cars are...um...had freewheeling.

Here is some easy listening Sticking out tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p81gQIUPvLE&index=60&list=LL8A-d2R58Ghamwp6-ROJ7Ow

The majority of the cars in Mafia are three speeds. Third gear is direct drive which means that the input shaft and output shaft are locked together with no gear reduction. In the video you posted the higher pitched whine is the transmission with gear reduction heard in first and second gears, while the lower hum in third gear is the driveline and isn't always heard.

Here is a Model A without the driveline hum: https://youtu.be/Qt-nyaDt0Jg?t=1m45s

Here is a '37 Pontiac: https://youtu.be/4T9z7PcpGHk

Here's a '38 Buick: https://youtu.be/JuDXcJtDtx8?t=1m
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:

The majority of the cars in Mafia are three speeds. Third gear is direct drive which means that the input shaft and output shaft are locked together with no gear reduction. In the video you posted the higher pitched whine is the transmission with gear reduction heard in first and second gears, while the lower hum in third gear is the driveline and isn't always heard.

Here is a Model A without the driveline hum: https://youtu.be/Qt-nyaDt0Jg?t=1m45s

Interesting, thank you.
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds by Spieder3 Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
arbitrarymobster wrote:

Interesting, thank you.

In vehicles.bin there is a flag to mute certain sounds when the vehicle is in neutral. This is designed to implement a transmission sound like the ones heard in the videos. Unfortunately, the sound only mutes in neutral instead of muting neutral and any gear higher than 2nd.

If someone decides to write a script and compile it as a *.dll / *.asi making the muting work for the higher gears, we could achieve realistic gear sounds for the cars. This would be great since the gear sounds were quite noticeable in these cars...
Spieder3

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: [WIP] RCS Real Car Sounds + RCH Real Car Handling | Spieder3 Reply with quote

So I did some improvements on the mod.
Some new car sounds were added and with the new M-Editor (Petr Krumpolc) I startet to edit the vehicles tables for a more realistic handling and a complete new way to edit the car sound.

With this improvement its only possible later to release the RCS mod with the RCH handling mod together because the engine sound characteristics and the handling are safed in one file.

So I tried to get a good drivetrain sound by adding new sounds to the libary. Problem is, its locked to the engine RPM so its not perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: