FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

See PM Smile
vapno92

619 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

Hey man! I needed pause from Mafia 1 in general after finishng my mod, I played part III yesterday and it’s amazing, such a great atmosphere and everything!

Especially that part when You need to search for a people related to boxing fight.
Works Quarter at evening with 20’s swing playing and Bolt Ace all around, it really have some 1920’s vibez, simillar to Molotov Party mission in original Mafia. That had some serious special vibe...

I really love this mod, since it really feels like the original game in terms of atmosphere, mechanics and everything, it suits well.
Many moders (including myself honestly) are trying to come with something, that sticks out, or how can I say it and it’s not really corresponding with original game’s vibe... So great job there!

And as a Slovak who understands like 90% of Polish language, I just can’t stop laughing on Your typical swearing in dialogues (to jest chuj etc. Laughing ).
Also some jokes are pretty much genial.

BTW: If You want Your charcter to "forget" how to steal all vehicles (incl. Bolt Ace), just look to "init scripts" of scene2.bin file in DC/ED (or BSV). There is something like "freeride_traffsetup", delete it and that‘s it.
Thumbs up (left)
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

Thank you for very kind words Smile I guess what you need for "success" is a story, message - in my case, it is based on the original, so I have it easier Wink
I'll try your advice, maybe I didn't try it before and it will work - thanks Smile
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

4th part of “Paulie’s Stories – History of Lost Heaven” is finally out (I am sorry for such a delay)!
DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce562hbtj4h1nhd/mod.rar?dl=0
TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30LqCNoNWvY
What’s new?
5 new missions that take place during the 2nd half of the 1920s.
New models for main characters.
Fixing hundreds of minor bugs from the last parts.
What wasn’t done? Unfortunately, at this moment, the 4th part doesn’t have “real” dubbing – only two characters had their voices done, the rest of them was generated by the AI (all the work was done by Patryk, whom I would like to thank, for yet another time).
I understand that this is not a perfect solution (especially at the beginning it is tough to get used to the new voices), but without it you would have waited a long time for the release of this part.
To be honest, ever since I started writing this mod, that was my least favourite part. It is like that even until now, it was difficult to work on it for me. It doesn’t mean that it is bad – but I tried to do the missions different to the last ones. The 3rd part is, in my own view, a bit too dragged-out, so these missions have less dialogues and more short, intense missions. The effect? I’m not the one to judge, but I definitely tried not to be a hack and produce garbage Wink The problem with this part is that its plot focuses on a long period of time, when there is no major breakthrough, and Salieri – Morello/Guidi conflict is only starting to form… As a result, I couldn’t create the action like I did in the last missions, what influenced both the dialogues, and the gameplay itself.
What’s left for the future? Apart from the dubbing update, which I hope will be done by the time the 5th part is made, only 3 more missions are to be released. I already scripted 2 of them. At the release of the 5th part I will do a surprise, which will slow the release date. I don’t want to promise anything, as you for sure noticed that it takes me time to release anything, but I consider the state of completion as “very good” and, more importantly, I am in a mood to “play” with Mafia.
Again, thank you all for waiting and playing and please let me know here or on mafiascene or mafiatown if you liked the new part, or not.
As usual, all the bugs are described in the mod folder, but if you have any problems – let me know and I’ll try to help.
DROPBOX FOLDER (with useful files)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwbn569bhsb3fsa/AACgUWfRPP3Si9OqjimHmU1Fa?dl=0
MAFIATOWN TOPIC
https://mafiatown.pl/forum/topic-t4778.html

Last edited by mammix on Tue May 10, 2022 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melhior

608 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

And the traditional question: What folder should I rename to start part 4 at once?
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

Take all the files from missions/tutorial/4czesc into missions/tutorial and start a new game in Mafia Smile
Evaldik

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

mammix wrote:
Take all the files from missions/tutorial/4czesc into missions/tutorial and start a new game in Mafia Smile

Doesn't work for me, can you please upload savegame file with all the Paulie's Stories saves?
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

Hey, I'm very sorry for a late reply, but I've been very busy recently.
It's very weird it doesn't work for you. Do you have the patch 1.0 installed?
Anyway, this save (https://mega.nz/file/IOQEGY4R#I9m1ox0KmsShPuiNwHrkd4zMWSf1A9miZp1ByHEN_8w) is the last one before the 4th part. Beat the shootout and everything should be OK - if you changed the "11PORT2" mission files when you downloaded the 4th part.
If it doesn't work, write to me again, we'll figure it out.
Thanks!
hustyx

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

Hi. First of all, let me take off my hat to your perfect work. I absolutely praise this modification. I have played many, and I mean A LOT of mods. Czech mods (I am czech myself), english, russian... and your mod is easily in the top 5 mods for me. Such a story, such easter eggs, I believe every mission contains "living city", events and accidents, people talking and scripts. Gameplay is wonderful (even though I have still nightmares from the freaking first mission of sneaking behind Paulie's dad. The only thing I DON'T like about this mod is the insane difficulty. I got used to it, but the aimbot and damage from enemies is flat out frustrating from time to time. And the invisible obstacles don't help, when you shoot someone and suddenly the bullet hits air before him... and THEN he shoots you Mad Shocked

And the main reason I'm writing - I have discovered a bug. And many people may be afraid it is a gamebreaking bug, but fortunately isn't. In short - The mission on farm where you recover two boxes of liquors. When you get to the farm (one of my most favourite missions so far) and get to choose stealth/attack approach, I chose stealth. I got to the crates... and couldn't pick them up. There was no exclamation mark, I was pressing Mouse 2 all over them... nothing. The only thing that happens is that they glitch me away from them. Sometimes stuck me into the truck, sometimes "teleport" me about 5 meters. I was really frustrated and thought that this is where I end the mod Crying
But I didn't give up. As with anything concerning Mafia, I decided to get a hold of it and think of something I could do. I probably played this segment a hundred times? I tried throwing away all weapons, tried to go to boxes from behind, from side, from the front, I tried shooting everybody, shooting boxes, running them over with the truck, hitting them with baseball bat... nothing.
And then, out of sudden, a solution. Simply quit to main menu and load the Cabins from there. Or better yet, quit to Windows, to be sure. The problem/bug comes at the moment when you reload the position from the "game" game (either because you were killed or manually after Escape). When I load the position from main menu, and I am not killed, I can pick the boxes up. I thought of this because I do speedrun to original Mafia: TCoLH and one particular strategy requires you to quit to menu before loading the save (it would cause another type of bugs).
Here is link to my gameplay video encountering said glitch. I have played cabins so many times that I believe I could do the mission blindfolded Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn1YLl3g-2M
mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

Thank you for very kind words Smile These are the things I do the mod for, so they do count!
I'll a bit defend myself about the difficulty level - I find Mafia too easy, so I did mean to make it a bit more difficult Smile I try to provide the "easy modes" when I understand people may have problems with some segments.
Funnily, I've been contacted about this very bug around last week and just yesterday, before I even saw your message, I managed to fix it. The links to the download have been updated everywhere, but that's the new link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce562hbtj4h1nhd/mod.rar?dl=0
Now there's a "cabins" autosave just at the end of the previous segments, so if you reload technically you have a save when you reach cabins while driving the truck and then immediately you begin the new mission (so, two loading screens).
I think the original problem was something with the boxes that Mafia didn't like. For sure no problems with the scripts themselves, I checked everything.
I tried also to solve it somehow with logical activations of various scripts so I don't have to use the austosave solution, but to no avail. Because I offer two various ways of solving the mission, depending if enemies get alerted starts a new series of scripts. Because you can do it at any moment, there's no way to logically fix the boxes, so the problem appeared every time you reloaded the cabins save - like you noticed. Now it works.
Again, thanks for pointing it out an very kind words! Hope you stick around for the last part Smile
hustyx

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

I understand the difficulty. And I have noticed Tommy offering me to lower it. But the best Tommy yet was the one where I was to follow the truck. I didn't understand why there was a Tommy, and clicked on him out of curiosity. "Just follow the truck"... Yeah, thanks for the precious advice Very happy
I'll be happy to try the fixed version And of course I'll stick around for the final chapter.
I know this question is a bit premature, but are you planning some new projects after Paulie's stories? I always wondered about what the other characters were doing while I (Tommy) was playing original missions. For example right the first mission, Sam and Paulie come out of chase and to this day, nobody knows what preceded the chase. Had they been doing a mission for Salieri? Had they been off duty and taken by surprise by Morello's men? Had they been trying to steal something? And there are many more instances of this. In Visiting RP, Salieri tells Tom that Paulie and Sam are taking care of witnesses... How? What are they doing? Are they bribing them? Killing them? Framing or disproving them? I always wondered. In Happy birthday, Paulie needs to get the boat from somewhere, so he has his own task. In Fairplay, they may break arms of some other racer in retaliation. In Trip to the country, Sam didn't just appear out of thin air on the farm. What are S&P doing during other missions (when they don't accompany Tom)? I always liked games with character gameplays that overlap each other (Max Payne 2 is the first on mind in this topic).
In Mafia 2, we got official DLCs with Joe and Jimmy. But to be honest, Paulie's stories is far superior comparing those. Because Mafia 2 DLCs were repetitive, almost without cutscenes or story, every mission was time based and a person got bored easily.
To conclude this, I just wanted to offer a topic in case you decide to continue creating mods. Keep up the good work
SLON

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-4] Reply with quote

hustyx wrote:
I always wondered about what the other characters were doing while I (Tommy) was playing original missions. For example right the first mission, Sam and Paulie come out of chase and to this day, nobody knows what preceded the chase. Had they been doing a mission for Salieri? Had they been off duty and taken by surprise by Morello's men? Had they been trying to steal something? And there are many more instances of this. In Visiting RP, Salieri tells Tom that Paulie and Sam are taking care of witnesses... How? What are they doing? Are they bribing them? Killing them? Framing or disproving them? I always wondered. In Happy birthday, Paulie needs to get the boat from somewhere, so he has his own task. In Fairplay, they may break arms of some other racer in retaliation. In Trip to the country, Sam didn't just appear out of thin air on the farm. What are S&P doing during other missions (when they don't accompany Tom)? I always liked games with character gameplays that overlap each other (Max Payne 2 is the first on mind in this topic).

I think even the developers themselves don't know about it. These are, well, just cinematic moments that are served "as is". If there is no explicit backstory there, then it was not thought through accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: